FYI, In light of the happenings in the UK today there have been many changes ... IT & Business Pros forum

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Important info for Travelers

Advertisement

FYI, In light of the happenings in the UK today there have been many changes to security at the airports. Below is a link to the TSA web site with the up to date info.

for those of you that travel you may want to bookmark this one as it changes as the security procedures do.

http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/threat-change.shtm
    Last edited by ffmike; 08-10-2006 at 02:29 PM.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Important info for Travelers

thanks a lot for the info but your link didn't me to anything they say that the web page I am looking for changed place

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Sorry, I updated the link above.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I personally think this is being all blown out of proportion by the governments involved. Been too long since we have had a big terrorist threat. Only the ones involved will know. Probably only 1 person who was going to try this (remember richard reid? Oh my god, there are 20 people who are going to blow up bombs in their shoes on planes) and its being exaggerated.

Thats all I have to say or else it will wind up in a political discussion.

PIN/ID
    21C0D135

well if it is only 1 then there are going to be 20 upset people as they arrested over 20. As a frequent flier between JFK and Heathrow, better safe than sorry I say.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by ffmike
    well if it is only 1 then there are going to be 20 upset people as they arrested over 20. As a frequent flier between JFK and Heathrow, better safe than sorry I say.
    I agree better be safe than sorry, and I guess what I am trying to say actually is aimed towards the government and the media both, equally responsible. Our goverment and media, especially recently, has gained a reputation for blowing things way out of proportion and finding out later that they were causing more chaos than necessary.

I think it all started on 9/11. Remember when they were reporting "Cars are blowing up outside of the State Department!" "Cars are being blown up outside of the White House".

And now whenever there is a shooting, like say like the one in Washington State a few weeks ago, all of a sudden they shoot up the level saying "We know there are more people out there getting ready to do this! Lock down the hatches!"

Oh, and my favorite is like what happened the other day ago. The FBI says "We have 10 students of Arab descent who were supposed to report to college for english classes and they didn't. Several members of the 9/11 attacks were supposed to be reporting to college for english classes. But we don't consider these people dangerous". Well NICE....Then why even mention that several members of the 9/11 attack mirror these people?

The government and the media both love to instill fear into the public. They think it helps make them stronger, which in all actuallity it probably does. I am not making light of 9/11 or anything of that nature. I am just getting tired of our government jerking us and spinning us around like we are on the "wheel o' barf" at an amusement park.

Sorry to thread jack...

clmccullough no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    324A7733

Once again another bunch of fear mongering floated by those in power. Bad thing is the problems TSA is going to have disposing of all the liquids. Not to mention that if one of the "HIGHLY" trained rollie pollies were to actually come upon liquid explosive; it would be to late. Their exposure of such contraband would immediately cause the owner to react. I could go on all night but I won't. My 2 Cents!

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

what about lighters for butts? i have to fly outa state next weekend and imma need a smoke when i get off the plane.. am i allowed to atleast have one in my non carry on bag?
    Welcome to my World!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

That's what I want to know because next summer I am flying to camp (I mentioned this in another thread but I'll repeat it here), and I carry lotion, hair spray, etc in bottles, nail clippers, etc. If I am without that stuff I don't know where I'm gonna get it.

Ron_P no está en línea Stack level 2

Wow - yeah it is bad. However, I agree with most it's better safe than sorry. I think that the US has a fair number of terrorist on our soil just waiting on the right time to act. I hope they never get the chance again to do what they did on 9/11

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

personally i thinks these new rules are a bit to much. I mean what now when you travel you need to buy all your personally care products and what not when you get to your destination. not as bad for guys but what about our wives, its going to cost hundreds extra when they have to go buy all new perfume, body sprays, make-up and whatever else they need...not going to take it any further, you get my point