I need a BB Professional's input on the right equipment to purchase for myself. I ... IT & Business Pros forum

jimdab no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile I want to be a BB Professional.

Advertisement

I need a BB Professional's input on the right equipment to purchase for myself. I also happen to be a brand new BB addict ever since I got my Curve (and BT headset, BT GPS puck, Jivetalk, etc). My previous phone was an LG Fusic which I never even synchronized to Outlook.

I'm a Business Information Systems student at CSU Fullerton right now. The only relevant high tech items I own right now are a BB 8300 Curve, an old 1.4ghz P4 laptop, and a year old home-built Athlon64X2 PC.

Knowing that I have limited funds as a college student, would it make more sense to buy a very small and fast laptop for $2000 or to update/repair my big old laptop for $500 and purchase or subscribe to any other high tech products that I don't know I'm missing (such as the Blackberry I've been missing for the last 5 years )! Thanks for any help or input!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: I want to be a BB Professional.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I would ditch the PC and just keep the BB. Install Opera Mini free from www.operamini.com and use that plus the BB browser to surf the internet.

For chatting, I suggest the full transferrable device license for JiveTalk from www.beejive.com.

If you do a lot of texting then get the unlimited package from your carrier.

Also the Pinstack launcher so you can post and read other posts from your BB.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Oh and also a media card for pictures, ringtones, movies and mp3 files.

You however will need a pc for the desktop manager to upgrade your os, install stuff that has no over the air link, and backing up all information on the BB. I say get the new one if you can.

I just also noticed you already have JiveTalk so you're covered there.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

If you're looking for a new laptop, go in between your two choices. Trying to get the old lappy up to speed would be almost fruitless, you can pickup a fairly decent, new laptop for 600-700 bucks that would suit most student needs, (unless you're into graphic arts). Get all high-tech and run your own BES server. Sync with your email, calendars, etc.
    You may also be interested in ShapeServices' RDM+ Remote Desktop management software for your Blackberry. It's pretty high-tech and very cool stuff. I wish I had a good excuse to buy it.

Thanks for the replies.

I actually have a 4 gig micro sdhc in this curve right now. Also have opera mini. I use Blackberry desktop manager and even just bought a bt dongle to try to connect wirelessly to my home pc (still haven't tried that out yet). I saw a nice tablet laptop for 1250 at fry's that I'm considering. Just lacks bt. I actually was thinking to spend 700ish but those laptops get outdated fast and I plan to keep whatever I get for 2 years.

Funny thing - I forgot my laptop charger one day recently and had to take notes on my curve. Even though it felt wierd and felt like people were looking at me funny... It actually was pretty easy and practical. I love this BlackBerry!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

sweet deal man glad u like it. it is very nice
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

I just purchased a Fujitsu Lifebook T4220 from Fry's with a 3-year warrantee (open box) for $1844. I love this notebook / tablet pc convertible computer. It is nice and fast. Can't wait to try out a the BT tethered modem with the Curve. Already sent the address book through BT without BB DM. I wish I had wi-fi at home. I guess I need a wi-fi router.