Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm thinking that I should forget this guy, and possibly tell him off as well! ... IT & Business Pros forum

invisiblesir no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D6CADC

I need some professional opinions... PLEASE READ!

Advertisement

I'm thinking that I should forget this guy, and possibly tell him off as well!

Here's the story, and it's a bit of a long one. I've been looking for a new job so I posted my resume on Monster.com. I got a response from a recruiter for this insurance agency, that I will not name, looking to hire me as an agent. He explained to me that their agency was expanding greatly in this area and that they were doing a mass hiring process over the next few weeks and that, if I was interested, I could come to this kind of group orientation on the 25th. After the group session, he explained, I would be able to schedule an individual interview if I was still interested in the position. I emailed him back telling him I would be there and gave him my number, and received a response to it so I KNOW he received it.

I arrived punctually on Tuesday only to find out that the group session had been cancelled without my knowledge. I had even scheduled off 5 hours of work so I could attend!

The next day I called and spoke to his secretary to schedule an individual interview, as I had been instructed to do. She told me, and I quote, "he has time for you at 11 on Thursday or, he is completely free on Friday." I asked for Friday.

This morning I got an email from him telling me that his secretary had neglected to check his schedule,which I truly believe is untrue, and that my interview conflicts with a previously made appointment.

As you can see, I get the distinct impression that I'm being blown off. He asked if I could come sometime next week, but I'm beginning to consider this whole charade a waste of my time. I don't, however, want to miss out on a genuine opportunity because of my hot temper. Do you think I'm being unjustly critical?

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: I need some professional opinions... PLEASE READ!

Well your feelings are justified... I would make 1 more appt with this guy and if he can't accomodate you, then I would just forget about the position... I have been in many situations like this and the last time I was about to tell the person off (glad I didn't) I actually got the position.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I agree with stacey, you could set a appt with the guy for one last time and you'll see real soon if he's a serious guy or just messing with you

rn4emp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    400bf931

use the 3 times method. 3 times is a charm or 3 strikes and your out.
    I'm almost like GOD. I got the whole world in my hands when I'm using my crackberry.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Go for it, this could be your big break. Give him the benefit of the doubt one last time, if he let's you down this time you know what to do.

ENY428 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

I agree ith everyone posted. Actually I kinda went thru the same thing. I didn't know he needed time to fire the person whos position I was taking.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

...here, here, I agree with all above. Now, if that fails, we'll, 'it's on like hot butter popcorn'! LOL

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

I like the 3 X 3 method.

But don't bet on this gig. Point blank- it is disrespectful to you and your time. Could you imagine working for someone like that??

bdestephen no está en línea Stack level 1

Thats how i looked at it, if it looks like ****, smells like ****, it prolly is ****.

I had an experience like that once. We spoke on the phone, and the HR manager scheduled me and sent me an email with directions to the office. In the email, no date and no time. Thankfully, being the responsible one of the conversation, I took the information down during the phone call. I arrived on time only to be greeted by her secretary and her stating you have the wrong time. Needless to say, trying to make an impression, I left quietly. Upon returning to my notes, everything was good on my end. I know they botched it on thier end. I called and cancelled that "appointment" the next day.

I thought to myself, if they hassle me around like this when im trying get into thier company, how are they going to treat me once im in???

Just my 2c.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I as an employer, find his behaviour very unprofessional. I wonder if he will be the same way when it comes time to get paid.
    If I schedule a time to interview someone, im there. Or I let them know in a timely manner. This guy smells fishy to me. I'd be leary.

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

We so often "read" too much into things. I'd give the guy another chance.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm with johnj.

You've already given too much.

But I would also take the job market in your city into account. If it's hot and jobs are everywhere, then forget about this one.

Cancelling a group meeting, then cancelling an interview, without notifying you of either...!!!! I may be old fashioned, but that's just a joke!

I say: move on!

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

I have to agree with the majority. Give it another shot. If it is a questionable job or company, then they will screw up again. Good luck! Hope it works out for you
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

However, if you do continue pursuing this, I've got one question, is this guy with the company, or a recruiting company? Will you work for him, or someone else?

invisiblesir no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D6CADC

This is a large company, he's the human resources manager so I don't believe he will be my boss.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast