Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

So John and I were trying to get his DM to try and work, and ... IT & Business Pros forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

How mad have you ever gotten at technology

Advertisement

So John and I were trying to get his DM to try and work, and we got off track and started talking about technology...So...

How mad has a device (Be it blackberry or not) ever made you?

Example...

I used to have a Compaq Presario Laptop. I hated that thing. Had nothing but problems with it out the box. So one day, I can't remember exactly what was wrong with it, but it was less than a year old and I had sent it to Compaq like 4 times already...Anyways, I am sitting there and something happens, it crashed or something, and kept doing it. So I got so fed up with it I punched the keyboard. And I mean PUNCHED. Keys went flying everywhere, big cave-in in the center of the keyboard, etc. Then I got creative, took it apart, salvaged the screen and DVD drive. Then took everything else apart, put it in a bag, and threw it over the side of a bridge that was about 40 stories high onto the country road down below (It was night time so I wasn't in worry of hitting a car).

Then another time I was in one of the trucks...The CD player had been skipping for about a week. I put a cd in and it refused to play. Kept spitting it back out at me saying "Error". Well, I got mad (again) and punched the CD player. Needless to say I broke it. It got stuck on a light rock station, which made me even more PO'd because I had to drive an hour and a half listening to Delilah (You women probably know who that is) playing Celiene Deion and Dan Fogelberg. I get home and it's like 10pm and I am starting to wonder if I am in danger of becoming gay (no offense intended) by listening to that music for the last hour. So at 10pm at night, I rip the cd player out of the truck, go to the side of the garage and shoot it 3 times with a 12 gauge. Bye Bye CD player.

Another time I am working on one of the trucks and I am trying to remove a piece from the motor...It gets stuck...I try for about 45 minutes to get it out to no aval. So, now I am straddling a big plastic trashcan in the front yard, kicking it and beating the living crap out of it while people are driving by on a Sunday afternoon looking at me like WTF and probably considering calling the police department because there is some deranged man assaulting a defenseless trash can in his front yard.

Anyways, we all have been there before (well, probably most of us). So what extremes has something technological driven you to? Lets hear it.

delise no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    312F6678

Re: How mad have you ever gotten at technology

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Nothing that bad, but a few months ago one of my laptops ( a sony) decided to crash at a very in opportune time and I smashed it into a cinderblock wall. Needless to say that finished it off.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by delise
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Nothing that bad, but a few months ago one of my laptops ( a sony) decided to crash at a very in opportune time and I smashed it into a cinderblock wall. Needless to say that finished it off.
    Yes! See...So its NOT just me! WOO HOO!

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Im bad about chunking stuff out in the front yard. One day I chunked a 19 inch color tv out there just as some fire fighters were jogging by. I also had a few choice words to yell at it as i went and kicked it a few times. Needless to say they called the police and of course I had a few select words for them as well. Well that landed me in jail.........again........over night only. And got ordered to anger management for the second time. But I'm all better now................really I am.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by johnj41
    Im bad about chunking stuff out in the front yard. One day I chunked a 19 inch color tv out there
    You would fit right in in Tennessee.

Hahahahaha! You would fit in here in Kansas also N8. The house to the north of me is empty. LOL!

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

I bet John and Stacey get mad more then most!

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Just kidding J & S!!! I love you guys!

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

I threw a screwdriver completly thru a bedroom door and into the wall on the other side once cause my DVD player was skipping and i couldnt watch my movie . I really want to smash up my laptop cause it su*ks. But i'm gonna wait til i get a new one first....
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Well it wasnt the technology that got me mad, but my wife ( actually GF at the time) had me so chapped, that I literally THREW my i1000 ( or whatever the old Nextel flip phone was) right out of the window of my moving car on the expressway. No joke. It was so beat up to begin with that I really didnt care. It was "stolen" =) $35 fee, new phone =)
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I get very mad at my stuff too, but will never lay a finger on any of my possessions. I will throw someone elses stuff before I throw mine! My stuff is too precious to me.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Remind me never to upset Suzzy!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Hmmm? Seems there may be a violent side to the crackberry addiction. I see a pattern emerging. Lol!

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

These stories remind me of myself, if that makes any sense. So my laptop is giving me trouble, one usb port has died and one dimm slot is bad. So now I'm down to 512mb RAM and I'm not very happy. Then the wife and I get into an argument. Then she makes reference to how my laptop gets all of the attention in the house. Long story short I lost my temper and threw my Laptop out (and through a few panes of glass) the bedroom window. The worst part was it was in middle of a rain storm and after picking up the glass (and my laptop) I had to fashion a rainblock to keep my bedroom from getting wet. Then she left the house p----- and proceeded to go on a shopping spree. .... A month later I bought a new laptop and now I have a BB. Since the voices in my head don't have a BB to PIN me, I just ignore them now.
    Last edited by mrnoname; 08-12-2006 at 12:46 AM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I bought a Sidekick 2 for Christmas last year. I got so mad at it for constantly losing signal that I constantly smacked it while sending messages and browsing. I guess I smacked it a little too hard because I ended up having to replace it (it lost signal and power and would not turn back on). The second one gave me the same problems so three weeks later I bought my BB.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 08-10-2006 at 09:25 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast