I have noticed that there are quite a few people out there who have Blackberries ... IT & Business Pros forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Have A BB But No Computer? Read This...It May Intrest You..

Advertisement

I have noticed that there are quite a few people out there who have Blackberries however have no computer for some reason or another...It has also been floated around that there are people who want to upgrade operating systems and have programs loaded that have to be loaded by Desktop Manager, and with the lack of a computer that is not possible.

If you have a BB but no computer and need the OS Upgraded or programs installed through Desktop Manager but can't, I am willing to load them for you...Backups will be made of the information that is currently on the device, and the information will be restored once an upgrade is complete.

Few things though:

*Contact Me personally before you go shipping your Blackberry. I could see it now; 80 FedEx Packages arriving in one day and trying to sort out whose is which and getting the OS/Programs loaded onto them...Sorry, but I am not a psychic and don't really have the time to do that many in 48 hours and get them back out, and then people will be going through crackberry withdrawls and I will probably wind up dead...Therefore, if you are going to send your device, you need to contact me first with all of the obvious information and we will need to set up a timeline when it will be shipped. I will have all of these turned around within 48 hours of me receiving them, unless the second coming of Christ or World War III breaks out.

*I do NOT have Keys for programs. Not going to get off on a rant here about how it's not right to pirate programs and all of that jazz. If you want a program that doesn't require a Key, I will be happy to load it. If you want a program that does require a key, you can either send the key along with it or email it or you can wait until the device comes back to you and load it in at that point. Really doesn't matter to me, but I will not be "hooking anyone up" with free keys. Also, I can not "Unlock" devices, so please don't ask me to do that for ya..Can't do it.

*I am not charging a fee to do this, however you need to pay for the shipping charges to and from where I am (I am in Nashville, TN). They will HAVE to be shipped by a company such as that or sent CERTIFIED mail so that there are tracking numbers when delievered here and returned to you. (This will protect the BOTH of us).

*You must be from the US.

*Unless stated otherwise, I will attempt to load the most current Operating System onto your device.

*If you want a CD Copy of the operating system for yourself, it would be nice if you threw in a buck just for the CD. Not trying to make money off of it, but $1 would atleast cover for the cost of a CD. I can also put a copy of your backup on the CD too if you want it. This may be a good idea for those of you who do not have computers and can't backup your information. That way if your device ever crashes, atleast you don't lose ALL of your information. I can either add them to the CD or keep a file of them on record in case this happens, then I could just email them to you. We can discuss which you want to do whenever we are setting up scheduling.

***Notice***

*As some people may know, some programs/ringers/images are lost at times when upgrading. I have the most recent Desktop Manager and will do my best to backup ALL information, however be aware that something may get lost at some point during the upgrade.

*Second, don't send me a non-working Blackberry. Come on. I am doing this out of a favor, and the last thing I want is a non-working Blackberry to show up at my doorstep and then get into a war with someone over the fact that it wasn't functionable when I received it. The ONLY exception to this rule would be this: If you have a Blackberry that is permenatley stuck on the "hourglass", however contact me first so that I can get information on it so that I can know if I can help you or if you just need to take it back to your local store. Sorry, but the first time I get a nonworking Blackberry at my doorstep and someone tries to claim that it was fine when they sent it and a huge argument ensues, I will stop at that point. I don't need any extra headaches in my life. Trust me, I have enough of them as it is already.

*Next, you may keep your SIM card or send it along with the phone. I am 99% sure I don't need a sim card to do an upgrade (someone correct me if I am wrong), BUT it may be a good idea to send it along (Unless you are a Tmobile customer, then I can just swap my SIM out to test) to make sure that the upgrade goes good. Service books may get lost in the transition of the upgrade also. I will do my best (time allowed) to re-register the device on the network, but cannot make any promises. As some of you know, it won't be that hard to get your service books back anyways...maybe 5 minutes...

*If something DOES happen to happen with your device while it is in my care then we will communicate and work with each other to find a resolve to the situation. As long as no trashed BB's are sent to me though, I really doubt this is going to happen.

*If you are on BES, you shouldn't need an upgrade, because you probably have access to a computer somewhere or IT is doing it for you...But if by chance you need an upgrade and you are on BES...Well...Can't help ya...I would if I knew more about BES, but I know about as much on BES as I do about quantum physics, so I am not going to risk anything going wrong...

Ok, I think I have pretty well covered everything. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Like I said, when we talk, we will set up a date for this to happen so that I don't get overwhelmed and have people calling me cussing me out wondering where their device is.

I think that there are a good amount of people here who can vouch for my character and verify that I am not out to "Rip anyone off". I am simpy offering a service for those who don't have the ability to upgrade/load programs themselves. I do not have a paypal account set up (already had one person ask me that), nor do I plan to set one up. If you wanted to "donate", it would be appreciated, but in no means is it required (just pay the shipping and insurance charges).

If I think of anything else, I will post it here or contact me via PIN or email if you have any questions or anything...

N8

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Re: Have A BB But No Computer? Read This...It May Intrest You..

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Im first!!!! My vacation starts the 30th. I'll get with you between now and then and work something out.

And people I can vouche for N8. He won't rip you off.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Question Re: Have A BB But No Computer? Read This...It May Intrest You..

johnj41....???

You have a BB and not a computer AND you're a Stack Pro?

Interesting.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Dont I remember in another post that maybe John has a Mac? Or not. Course this site isnt called PCstack.com, so not like it matters? One could even be exceptionally versed on Blackberries and not own one.....
    Is that parking meter EXPIRED???=)
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

By the way NATE, I have to commend you on your generosity and kindness. I am amazed by this, really. We're lucky to have you on Pinstack!!!
    ( Did you tell them youre a CIA operative working for the man, gathering peoples info? Dont worry, I wont tell anyone! YOUR SECRET IS SAFE WITH ME!!!!!!)
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Not many people would offer such a service, so I am very impressed! In the short months I have been here on the stacks you have helped me in many ways, and I will also vouch for you. If I didn't have a pc I would send my bb to you!! I think this is a huge step your about to take, don't overwhelm yourself. I know you are very dedicated so I'm sure this could be a good thing!

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis
    johnj41....???

You have a BB and not a computer AND you're a Stack Pro?

Interesting.
    And your point is.......................?

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

Very kind of you N8, and you've inspired me. Anyone in Canada that requires this service, my PC is here for you
    Same rules as N8, pin me or send me a PM via pinstack. I'm in Toronto, and I work for Rogers, in sales and I'm our in store BB expert, so I believe i can be trusted with your upgrades. you can also email me at dntd.tx@gmail.com (although if you can't pin me, and you dont' have a computer, email isn't a big help... lol)
    Last edited by dtx; 06-23-2006 at 12:22 AM.

PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Upon receiving responses, I re-read what I wrote, and realised that my intent was not effectively communicated.

It was a exclamation of awe!

Assuming no computer at all (as was suggested) means that all pinstacking is done by BlackBerry. That is a feat! I wouldn't be able to accomlish that.

The point was a compliment. My apology for it not coming across that way.

PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

The parking meter has a 38 minute time limit.

38 minutes?

Why such a strange number? 40. 35. I can understand those, but 38?

ubelftw no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23CD9208

38 mins is up.
    Its awesome that you do that, props to u

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    Dont I remember in another post that maybe John has a Mac? Or not. Course this site isnt called PCstack.com, so not like it matters? One could even be exceptionally versed on Blackberries and not own one.....
    Is that parking meter EXPIRED???=)
    That's Ruminator who has a Mac.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Thanks to those of you who are vouching. This service probably won't widely be used but those who may need it I want them to know its avaliable.
    And I personally will vouch for Alex. He and I have already worked together on numerous projects and assisting people off of the board to obtain Blackberries, and have yet to hear of one even close to complaint. Word of mouth is the best advertisement.

BBpush099 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2046327c

Very cool idea. I also gives props to John for all the posts without a pc. I hope to follow in his steps.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~