Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello everyone in about 3 weeks I will be upgrading my phone to either a ... IT & Business Pros forum

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Goodbye Blackberry?

Advertisement

Hello everyone in about 3 weeks I will be upgrading my phone to either a 8700g or Tmobile MDA, I love the concept of the blackberry. But I want a lot of options available to me that the blackberry does not offer. Does anyone know about the Tmobile MDA? I need feedback because right now I'm looking toward the MDA, because of the sd expansion capability and the wi-fi capability. I would really hate to invest $400 in the wrong device. Much feedback is needed to help me make a decision I won't regret later.

I am a full time Networking Student but I have my own business I fix pc's and laptops at my home. I will be using the phone for both personal and business use, emails are very important as I use it for my school email as well and a camera will also come in handy but not necessary. There are many more programs available for Microsoft Mobile based phones, I don't want to get a phone that's a piece of crap. I know the blackberrys are incredible devices. Decisions, decisions I could use the input of people I believe know their stuff and that would be you PINSTACKERS! Help me out!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Goodbye Blackberry?

just so you know the next gen 87xx replacement for the full qwerty 7270 wi-fi is on it's way. Can't give you a time frame but it's confirmed.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~A friend of mine had the MDA. It kept givin him problems. Not sure exactly what they were. But he now has a Blackberry and is quite happy.

MikeJ no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23d50403

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I came from two different win mobile devices, and let me tell ya if "reliability" is anywhere in your list of needs, you'll want to stay away. WinMobile touts the ability to run all kinds of applications, but when installing those apps means making your device (even more) unstable, the trade-off is not negligible.

I spent almost $700 on my treo 700w, almost $600 for my vx 6700, and both were just overpriced junk. Neither offered the reliability and functionality of the BB.

Just my opinion.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I also came from different devices: WM devices (all the way from I don't know what OS was on my 3835 Pocket PC LOL, to upgrading to WM5 on my last Dell Axim X50 which originally came with Windows Mobile 2003 SE...one drop and these things did not work anymore); and the dreaded Sidekick which crashed about every time I went to use Yahoo or AOL Messenger (I got stuck into using text messages only with those). I don't know how much I've spent on devices/phones that don't work.

The first thing to decide on when choosing a device is coverage. If you can't get a signal anywhere with a device, it will be no good. I would test the MDA vs the 8700 and see which device performs better.

Second is what you want the phone/device to do. If your priority is email, STAY WITH THE BB. If you want a phone with a camera, WI-FI, all the extra stuff, I would look into buying a small camphone that you can use for all of that stuff. I am getting a prepaid phone to handle my voice minutes. I don't need a camera phone as I get disposable cameras for my needs.

Also another thing to remember is that once you use a BB, you can't go back LOL

I thank everyone that responded to this thread my cry for help, after much research and much consideration, I can't let go of the BB, somebody help me!!! But I've been detered by the fact that I've done everything possible and I'm still losing network connections on this BB with no more help from TMO. I was thinking about a different device. I'm gonna make that purchase and get the 8700g and God help TMO if it loses network connection like my 7290 and nothing is wrong with my device, even have a new sim card! AAAHHHHH! But I love my bb, I started going through withdrawals just thinking about not having one!

Once again thanks for your input it's the 8700G ALL THE WAY!!!!

They STILL haven't done anything with the towers out there??? I'd call and complain like no tomorrow and get them fixed. They will tell you they're working on it to cover up their laziness on getting it straight. I had reps tell me left and right that they were working on towers to no avail. I called them every day back in November and I guess they got tired of hearing from me because the signal got fixed but it finally ended up being the phone that was the problem (it wasn't a BB thankfully).

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    They STILL haven't done anything with the towers out there??? I'd call and complain like no tomorrow and get them fixed. They will tell you they're working on it to cover up their laziness on getting it straight. I had reps tell me left and right that they were working on towers to no avail. I called them every day back in November and I guess they got tired of hearing from me because the signal got fixed but it finally ended up being the phone that was the problem (it wasn't a BB thankfully).
    Thanks Erica I'm getting ready to call now! I've done everything they told me to and it's driving me crazy this evening I can't even BB message without losing the signal every 30 seconds. I'll call now!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

My signal seems to be better on the 8700 than the 7100. I hope they get your signal problems fixed, it would drive me crazy.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Mine drove me insane before I switched BACK to BlackBerry LOL

Called TMO same old story, I'm gonna go ahead and get the 8700G in 3 weeks. They are giving me a small deal, on the BB $140 off the original price! I hope the signal problem gets resolved with the 8700G! I can't let go of my BB forget about the MDA!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

You are going to be soooo happy
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

bruiser_04 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243FCD27

That was close, we almost lost one. Stay where the force is strong.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Don't you go nowhere Ms Brenda....they are coming out with new bb's every day.....so you will get one that meet your needs in no time..
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

anthony no está en línea Stack level 3

When my current contract was about to finish I looked around at MDA's and in particular at T-Mobiles offerings. I was initially impressed by them, the look, feel and functionality and that they seemed to offer more than the Blackberry. I also looked at Vodafone's offerings, which were poor in design comparison with T-Mobile and O2. They were more inclined to PDAs than MDAs. I held on to my Blackberry mainly because I was still learning (and still am) how to utilise it but mainly because I did not feel in all honesty that there is/was a suitable alternative. I will be looking at the latest offering from O2 this weekend ...so maybe a change of unit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast