I'd like to know what everyones view is. Have you seen it? If so what ... IT & Business Pros forum

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Flight 93

Advertisement

I'd like to know what everyones view is. Have you seen it? If so what did you think. If your not going to see it, why not? I don't think ill be seeing it myself. One reason is I just think its to soon. I have other reasons but ill keep those for later. So let's hear what everyone else thinks.

Infinyte8 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Flight 93

its all propoganda.

lovellbird no está en línea Stack level 3

I don't think I will go see it--mostly because hubby and I never get out of the house without the kids; so we aren't avid movie-goers, like we used to be.

We do rent movies; but we both admitted we felt "weird" about watching this one. Personally, I love a good disaster movie. I have the "Airport" movies, Poseidon Adventure, and Towering Inferno. But I don't know how I would feel watching something that really happened, where the actors were portraying REAL PEOPLE that lost their lives.....and their families are still alive and mourning for them.

So I don't know yet....if hubby rents it, I might watch it with him; but I don't think he will.

Lovellbird

MrsMimi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D6EA85

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    I would like to see it. I hear it is very good. Do you mind sharing some of your reasons for not wanting to see it?

lovellbird no está en línea Stack level 3

It is hard to put into words. And maybe if someone in my family had been on that flight, I wouldn't feel as weird as I am thinking I would.

But I just don't know. Part of it that I *am* conscious of, is that the people that attacked us are still around; and I am sure they are enjoying the publicity of the movie. It only makes the killers bigger "martyrs" in their book. So I guess it does kind of bug me to think that Hollywood is making money while at the same time pleasing these people that want to hurt our country.

I can also see why it can be a good thing too, as it also makes more of these heroic folks that prevented it from being something much worse.

So I don't know. I really have mixed emotions from it. My husband was in the military in the 80's and spent some time in Iran......his view on Muslims isn't so great. So I doubt that he will rent it; and if he does, it will probably anger him. (I would just rather he didn't rent it--I am pretty tolerant of everybody, myself, so long as they don't wish harm on my family or country.)

I just have mixed feelings about it. I don't want to watch something that might make it hard for me to sleep at night--for whatever reason.

Lovellbird

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~another of my reasons is, I just feel its wrong on so many levels. Mainly that some hollywood executive is making money off others tragedys. I just don't feel that I can support that. As someone said earlier, a lot of the people who were behind the attacks, are still out and about. And I agree they are loving the newfound attention they are now receiving. Nor do I understand how the makers can even begin to guess as to what really happened on that plane that day.

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

I saw it and let me tell you that I have been out of the movie theatre for hours and I still cannot talk about it. I still find it hard to talk about or view footage of 9/11. But this movie..... I cried for about 2 hours..... I am getting choked up about typing this reply.... I thought that I could handle it... It's just too soon....

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~i wanted to see it but my bf doesn't. I know this might sound odd, but I feel like if I see it I am paying my respects to those who lost their lives. That might not make any sense, but its how I feel.

dwella no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2038FB36

I just haven't decided yet.

d

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    While I don't know if I can watch it or not, I don't have a problem with it being made. I don't think the terrorists are gaining any publicity with this being made. If the actual events didn't get our attention, I don't think this will. I have no problem glorifying the true heroes who thwarted another attack and making this day that much worse than it already was. It shows what brave, strong willed Americans can do when their backs against the wall,with everything, including their OWN lives, are on the line.
    The Hollywood types are going to make their $ no matter what they put out. The only problem I have with them is they typically they are against everything American with the exceptions being capitalism ($$$$$) and freedom of speech. They're the ones that make me puke, not the heroes on the film.