So Disney Mobile launched.. like what.. 15 minutes ago? There are already irresponsible consumers whining ... IT & Business Pros forum

justelise no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203C9815

Smile Disney Mobile Lauched: On Your Mark.. Get Set.. WHINE!

Advertisement

So Disney Mobile launched.. like what.. 15 minutes ago? There are already irresponsible consumers whining about it. Check this Gizmodo article out: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellphone...ugh-196776.php

If you are trying out a new service you have a buyer's remorse period, and shouldn't you be monitoring your minutes/usage and calling customer care for updates on what has posted to your account throughout this period? Same goes for people who drop a wad of cash on the new hotness -- usually some new pda phone, and whine when they can't return it cause they ignored the buyer's remorse policy and let the time period lapse without taking action.

I also know that in these situations it's really easy to blame the rep who sold you the service, but some of these companies do not have good training programs. The reps may not be deceiving you on purpose. I am a mildly disgruntled but loyal Cingular customer and the store closest to my house is full of morons. All of the knowledgeable reps get promoted and move on to management or get transferred to other stores in a reasonable amount of time so I know when I walk in if I don't catch one of the smart ones I'm going to spend more time teaching them than shopping for stuff.

My point in saying all that is it seems like the person who wrote that complaint about Disney Mobile just lashed out in all directions. How about taking responsiblity for your actions, setting up ground rules for the kids who are using the phones on the plan, and spending a little time to learn about the technology before going into a store and buying a bunch of stuff at the drop of a dime and leaving with your sails full of hot air supplied by the sales rep who got you so psyched about the service? He wouldn't have 2900 minutes in roaming charges if he would have called their customer care to check on the minute consumption halfway through the first billing cycle. If he actually spent time with the kids they wouldn't have been on the phone for 2900 minutes in 30 days either! For all you Carlos Mencia fans -- I smell a Dee Dee Deeeeeeeee.. do you?
    Last edited by justelise; 08-26-2006 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Title Change
    justelise
    http://itsreallyjustme.net
    Drop by my blog and say hi!
    If you need Gmail, lemme know!

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Re: Disney Mobile Lauches - Consumer Whining Already Begun

Doesn't anyone read their users manuals when purchasing a new device. I know with cellphones, there are gonna be genereic functions similar between all phones, but still...read the book. I always find out how to turn roaming on.off...how to set my phone to only a certain network...that's just common sense to me. I always know my grace period to make returns. With Verizon, you have 15 days to make a return (with all original packaging and original receipt). I keep all my boxes/receipts handy just for that reason, as a matter of fact, I'm returning a BT Headset today! I found another one that I like better (it's a Nokia...I'll post a review later) and I kept my documentation/boxing etc. just for that reason!

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

i tell customers to keep everything and also go home and reread everything - and then you still get people coming back and complaining - oh well what can you do
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

just read the disney article and "robert" needs to read the book take responsibility
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

naibor no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    318FD2AF

I think he needs a little cheese to go with his whine.....

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Swiss or ghouda?

Lol!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

LOL naibor. But it's for that reason that I do not have minutes on my BlackBerry. I only have data. Due to past experiences, I have had T-Mo reps not take off minutes or switch minute packages when I requested and have had to go back and correct the problems later. This is why I am getting a second phone for my minutes.