Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone have a favorite digital camera? I just bought a cheap Pentax Optio s60 with ... IT & Business Pros forum

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

Digital Cameras

Advertisement

Anyone have a favorite digital camera?

I just bought a cheap Pentax Optio s60 with 6megapixels for $197.

My wife wanted to upgrade our old Olympus Camedia beast-of-a-camera. We got the Pentax because of it's 6.0MP, 2.5" LCD, optics, how small it was and of course the sub $200 price tag.

It came with an incredible suite of software including a branded piece from the Ritz-Wolf camera shop that I bought it from. It's called Ritz Pix EZ Print and Share. It's made by Our Pictures and Holy COW! it's an awesome application that has made digital photography really quick, easy and enjoyable.

Our Pictures Software
    Last edited by twheeler; 10-22-2005 at 02:46 PM.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Digital Cameras

My last cam is somewhere at the bottom of the caribbean sea. Don't ask. It's was 4.0mp and heavy Sunk fast

PIN/ID
    23E261CF

HA. LOL. Well at least it had a proper burrial at sea.

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

I just can't decide which digi cam to purchase, but this is what I have in mind.

One of them is the Casio Exilim EX-Z750. It's a 7.2mp with a 2.5in screen. It takes great photos and MPEG-4 videos. The other one is the Canon PowerShot SD450 (5.0mp with 2.5 screen) or SD550 (7.4mp with 2.5 screen).

All the models above have pretty good reviews, I just can't stick with one. LOL
    I'm currently using an older model made by FujiFilm, the F410. It's a 6.3mp with a tiny screen. It looks like an one inch screen. LOL But it does take decent photos, I must say.
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

dcfroe no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    400A8659

Canon EOS Digital is a very high quality digital camera. In fact many professionals use this camera. I have owned 3 digital cameras now and this will be my next purchase. It is rather expensive around $900 to $1000 however it can share lenses with the 35M version of their other cameras so you can get some quality closeups as well as wide angle sct.
    Have a Great BB day

DCFROE
    400A8659

nutsnbolts no está en línea Stack Mod

My wife and I currently tote the Sony DCS-T33

This slim camera measures half an inch thick while offering 5.1–MP resolution and a snazzy new design. The Y33 comes with a large 2.5-inch LCD viewfinder that covers almost two-thirds of the back of the camera. The anti-reflection coating allows sharp viewing on the screen without glare, even outdoors. The T33 also employs Sony’s Real Imaging Processor, which can shoot full-resolution images at 1-second intervals.
    So far so good. No problems.
    Pinstack.com – where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Got Stacked? Then Join Stack Groups today, coming 24-July-06!

PIN/ID
    240F667B

Correction - SD550 is 7.1mp.

Sorry about that.
    vipz o';'o

PIN/ID
    23E261CF

I'm struggling with my s60. Indoor pics and zoom are not up to par. Still have to play around. More later. may be moving to a different model.

nutsnbolts no está en línea Stack Mod

Twheeler.

Believe it or not, as slim and as small as my camera may be, the downpoint with it that I'm having problems with is indoor shots. Low light situations.

We bought it to Portugal as our first time use, outdoor scenery and general good lighting condition areas was amazing, once we went out for the night life, I was disappointed for I couldn't capture our nightlife moments.

The settings on the other hand may correct these...but I have the slightest clue.
    Got Stacked? Then Join Stack Groups today, coming 24-July-06!

PIN/ID
    240F667B

Quote Originally Posted by vyperz
    I just can't decide which digi cam to purchase, but this is what I have in mind.

One of them is the Casio Exilim EX-Z750. It's a 7.2mp with a 2.5in screen. It takes great photos and MPEG-4 videos. The other one is the Canon PowerShot SD450 (5.0mp with 2.5 screen) or SD550 (7.4mp with 2.5 screen).

All the models above have pretty good reviews, I just can't stick with one. LOL
    I'm currently using an older model made by FujiFilm, the F410. It's a 6.3mp with a tiny screen. It looks like an one inch screen. LOL But it does take decent photos, I must say.

Ok, I've decided to purchase the Canon SD550 today.
    vipz o';'o

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

I love my Sony Cybershot DCS P100. Its a easy to use 5.1 MP cam. I have even talked my boss into buying one for the office. Which is cool cuz I can charge it at my house or in my office!

tweber78 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    214b43dc

I got a Canon 4mp about two years ago. it shoots amazing pictures as well as mini vids. Great digi camera. But I must admit I still perfer to shoot film on my old Nikon F3 SLR. Nothing really comes close for me.
    ~Tweber78~
    akatweber78@pinstack.com

PIN/ID
    23E261CF

Got my settings taken care of with the S60 and came to the understanding that a camera not much bigger than a few credit cards wont throw a flash more than 15 ft. I've been taking pictures full wide angle and cropping in with Photoshop. Gotta use all available light. I can get hella good zoom with the 6mp crop on a 4x6!

icegrill no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2415259c

kodak 5 megapix...nice for now
    holla atcha boy

tekgik no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204031B6

I've had a few Sony's and now I've stuck with Canon DSLR's and had a PnS as well... although i got a Panasonic Lumix recently to replace the Canon Ixus I had prior.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast