View Poll Results: Would clones have belly buttons?

Voters
15. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Huh? What is a clone?

0 0%
  • No way!

3 20.00%
  • Yes they would have to for obvious reasons!

9 60.00%
  • What is a belly button?

3 20.00%

Due to the popular nature of this topic I'd be interested in all views i.e. ... IT & Business Pros forum

clmccullough no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    324A7733

Lightbulb Clones and their belly buttons

Advertisement

Due to the popular nature of this topic I'd be interested in all views i.e. political, racial, religious etc etc etc...

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: Clones and their belly buttons

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

As a good catholic I have to point out that the church says clones are an abomination. However, as a human being who has watched family members die painful and horrible deaths from long term diseases, I have to say that if cloning a human adult could aid in research and development of cures for diseases that afflict human kind, then I'm all for it.

Jade

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~If it has life it has a soul. So I do not think we should clone humans for research. Now if you want to clone a human and let them live a normal life. Sure! Go for it. But to clone someone for the purpose of harvesting parts, NO WAY!!

One thing you MUST understand. When and if you clone someone, they will be a unique individual. They will NOT be the person they were cloned from. They will have there own likes and dislikes. There own unique life experinces. Therfore making them a unique person.

Now cloning body PARTS, im all for that. And the reasons are obvious why im for this. Your not killing someone to prolong your own life. As the saying goes,"parts are parts".

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Quote Originally Posted by johnj41
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~If it has life it has a soul. So I do not think we should clone humans for research.
    I should wake up before I post to subjects that are so controversial, or at least clarify my position. I don't mean the kind of research associated with lab rats and what not, I mean the kind that says, ok, we cloned subject x and the product was subject y. X has a GENETIC disease that is curable, but Y does not, so lets take a look and compare the sequence of genes and see if we can figure this thing out. Now, I personally feel that drawing blood and having tissue samples done is not inhumane, so I don't really think this a problem.

So to clarify my position, yes, research such as the kind done in labs to animals should not be done under any circumstances to human clones under a morality law. Hell, I don't even like what they do to lab animals 99% of the time, but even I have to admit, in all things in life, there is a certain amount of give and take. I don't suppose this makes any sense, but in Jade's world it does. Hope I've clarified my position... a little bit.

And I apologize if I offended anyone by not doing so in my origional post.

Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Cloning kinda scares me... Probably case i really dont know all that much about it. I do think that Stem Cell research is invaluable in helping cure diseases.....
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

First off JadedBerry, never feel you can't speak your mind. Your input is just as valued as anyone elses.

Now as far as cloning someone just to study them is still wrong. You are basically telling them that there life has no value except to promote someone elses life. Even to clone someone for medical research is not practical or acceptable. And here is why.

Unless the desease is genetic in the fact that its past from the mother or father, the clone would more than likely not ever have the desease. You would have to exactly duplicate the original doners life for the clone to get an accurate result. And we all know that is just not possible.

Every little thing the original host was exposed to in there life would have to be duplicated for the clone in every detail exactly. Right down to the smallest detail.

So you see, to clone a human for medical purposes is just not a feasible option.

If you want to clone a human, let them live there own lives there own way. Don't confine them to a life of study. Its just not a humane thing to do. Nor is it moral in any sense of the word.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Clones won't have belly buttons.

A naval is a by-product of the umbilical cord in utero. A clone was never in utero. Therefore it won't have a naval.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis

Clones won't have belly buttons.

A naval is a by-product of the umbilical cord in utero. A clone was never in utero. Therefore it won't have a naval.
    It just may have a belly button. You would still need a way to feed the clone while it develops. So possibly they would have Bellybuttons.

fiz_x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21a311e6

Well if the clones didn't have belly buttons, they would be too easy to tell apart during the revolution. Also if clones didn't have belly buttons the cute girl clones wouldn't be able to get belly button piercings. And where would the world be then, huh?

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

I'm not commenting on this subject...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

PIN/ID
    324A7733

Interesting points! How would we tell them apart from the rest of us? Would you like to find out after falling for someone that they are a clone?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Would it matter if they were a clone? As the they grew up, there life experinces would be unique to them. Forming a unique individual. They would only be a clone in the sense that there genetic make up would be an exact match to someone else on the planet. Other than that, they would be there own person. And would they not love and need love just like the rest of us?

So again I ask you, what would it matter if you fell for a clone?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Just as an after thought, has anyone seen the movie called The Island? It is about clones and is a good movie.

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

My personal opinion i am not religious.. I do not beleive in souls.. i do not think they should clone an entire human though.. if they could find a way to clone one without a prain and use machines to keep it living then I am all for it
    Welcome to my World!

PIN/ID
    324A7733

Thumbs up Re: Clones and their belly buttons

Quote Originally Posted by johnj41
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Would it matter if they were a clone? As the they grew up, there life experinces would be unique to them. Forming a unique individual. They would only be a clone in the sense that there genetic make up would be an exact match to someone else on the planet. Other than that, they would be there own person. And would they not love and need love just like the rest of us?

So again I ask you, what would it matter if you fell for a clone?

I think that once we've made it through the first few versions of the cloning process I'd be cool with falling for a clone. However, I'd hope that they'd do some Gattica style work and clean up the 126.

Can you imagine v1.0...holy crap! Gimme a call when you're on v100 or whenever you've installed a broadband WiFi accesspoint and a BES in her.
    BB PIN: 32B102A8
    AIM: jnbsdad
    BB AIM: clm blackberry
    EMail:
    mailto: jnbsdad@gmail.com