Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by ENY428 Yes everyone deserves an opinion. And no hard feelings. Personally i ... IT & Business Pros forum

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Children~Schools~Cellphones

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ENY428
    Yes everyone deserves an opinion. And no hard feelings. Personally i dont have children. But i have a niece that i see everyday and she loves the wiggles and dora. Hope she stays like that. LOL.
    GREAT POST!!

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Yeah I know what you mean ENY428. I have my 2 nephews and niece this weekend. They range in age from 11 to 13. I remember changing there diapers when they were knee high to nothing. Just awesome kids. I'd keep them if I could. Lol!

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

I agree with John. Let's keep it civil!

ENY428 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thank you guys.I agree with others also.

mransome no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3012FA28

I feel there needs to be a eve playing field. You can recieve arguments from both sides. I have 3 teenage girls in high school and the stories they tell me about students with cell phones in school. From exposing relationships, cheating and playing practical jokes on teachers with sounds from their cell phones. Than we have students who are responsible and mature enough to only use ther phones when in need and to keep in contact with their parents b/c everyone's hectic scheduling.

Bellidansa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

Quote Originally Posted by mransome
    I feel there needs to be a eve playing field. You can recieve arguments from both sides. I have 3 teenage girls in high school and the stories they tell me about students with cell phones in school. From exposing relationships, cheating and playing practical jokes on teachers with sounds from their cell phones. Than we have students who are responsible and mature enough to only use ther phones when in need and to keep in contact with their parents b/c everyone's hectic scheduling.
    I most certainly agree with you....I just gave my kid one...he is 12....he missed the bus and decided to walk home, took a short cut and ended up in lost in the woods...

He used another kids celly....so he has one now..and he knows the rules...I do make him take it to school...it is not allowed, however, I work a little ways to get to him when necessary..so he has it hidden..and he is nt the only kid....

As soon as I hear of irresponsibity, its gone, and he knows it.....but it does give me a little comfort....

PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

Quote Originally Posted by johnj41
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Man I feel old. When I went to school. The big deal was calculators.

But I feel children should have the right to carry a cellphone. I pods im not so sure about. But cell phones, YES. And my reason can be summed up in one word.

Colombine. :cry:

Just my opinion.

John, calculators and cassete tape recorders, and I am not refering about sony walkmans !! I am with you on this one.....

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Hahahaha! When I was in junior high ( now middle school ) 8 tracks and 45's were the big deal. And having your own portable record player to play the 45's made you a very popular person. Hahahaha. Those were the good days. And playing pong on the old Atari.

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Just from reading everyone's opinions some basic thing we all seem to be saying is that there needs to be a balance between the technology, rules of usage and enforcement of those rules not only from school officials but from parents as well.

Finding that balance is the real issue. For example lets say we allow kids to have cellphones in school, however if you are caught using the phone inappropiately (cheating on an exam) you could face expulsion from school.

What do you think?

PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

Quote Originally Posted by johnj41
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Hahahaha! When I was in junior high ( now middle school ) 8 tracks and 45's were the big deal. And having your own portable record player to play the 45's made you a very popular person. Hahahaha. Those were the good days. And playing pong on the old Atari.

I still have an eight track player.....a big ol' monstrosity ! I use it as a book end in my family room.....for nostaglic purposes of course...

I remember my atari being taken on many days due to not doing farm work...

PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

Quote Originally Posted by peguero
    Just from reading everyone's opinions some basic thing we all seem to be saying is that there needs to be a balance between the technology, rules of usage and enforcement of those rules not only from school officials but from parents as well.

Finding that balance is the real issue. For example lets say we allow kids to have cellphones in school, however if you are caught using the phone inappropiately (cheating on an exam) you could face expulsion from school.

What do you think?
    Finding a balance is inevitable....and misuse should be punished, use only for emergencies period....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12