Curious to know how many of ya'll have any Microsoft Certification. A+, Net+ MCSE etc ... IT & Business Pros forum

Superiorcnt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4017F950

Question Certs

Advertisement

Curious to know how many of ya'll have any Microsoft Certification.
    A+, Net+ MCSE etc

The reason why I want to know because I want to c how many of ya'll actually got this and does help you in your profession

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Certs

I'm more into Cisco certs have CCNA and taking CCNP by end of this year and CCSP late this year. Already doing this task just need the certs. Task currently is to install a Cisco IPS 4250

PIN/ID
    4017F950

Geez Hydn did u have to set the bar that HIGH

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

I have some Microsoft certs, they are dated now. I found that when I was with a service provider, the certs meant something. They could bill more with the certs. Now that I am out of the service provider area, I find that experience wins out over certs.

Just my 2 cents

PIN/ID
    4017F950

I agree I think I rather have experience than someone that took a test

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

I was on a project one time when I was in service, we were doing a large XP upgrade for an insurance company in Hartford, we needed some additional temp help, so we hired this guy with an MCSE.

One of the steps was to FDISK the drive before re-imaging it. The whole process was documented step by step, easy, or so ew thought....

This guy comes up to me and asks "whats this fudisk thing" he actually was trying to pronounce FDISK like it was a word! He had never heard of it, yet he was an MCSE!

Driften no está en línea Stack level 1

CISSP..... Not sure it helped much. For me its always been the experance not the paper that I hire off of or get hired by. When I managed IT departments I saw way too many people with a cert but did not know what they were doing. It can be good but you better have the real work experance to back it up and that is what is worth money.

Just my opinion...

chu
    chu no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask

i think the certs used to mean more but nobody has asked me about them in years although i have certs from microsoft, apple and a+.

still, best to cover your bases. have both experience and certs.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Yeah, I know people that are A+ certified, they call me for help when troubleshooting or trying to upgrade someones computer. I have been working with PCs for over 15 years self taught and I have more knowledge then they do, I've built pc's as well but when it comes to looking for a good paying job they want to see the certifications and degrees. That's why I'm back in school for Network Administration. It's frustrating sometimes.

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Certs are like degrees. They really don't define your abilities but they sure help opening doors.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

And raising the paycheck. Im all experience but im working on my MSCE now to pad the paycheck a little, no doubt it will pay for itself at some point, I think, ... I hope.

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3

I have had an A+ cert since 2001 and a networking degree since 2002, but am seeking an MCSE or MCDBA cert now. Depending on the employer, it may help with getting a job. I think experience is the key, with certs and degrees as a backup.

BBpush099 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2046327c

I have an my A+ and a network admin degree and though somewhat expensive I would have never got the job that I did. Certa are just a test but they show your ability to learn. Because every job and there propriority software has a learning leaning curve. Even with 15 years of experience you may not be able to learn new things. Just a different way to look at it. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

eatmypiano no está en línea BES Pro

MCSE, MCDBA, PCLP, RHCE and, of course, a load of RIM certifications. And a couple from Oracle and Apple.

clmccullough no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    324A7733

When I was in the game i.e. working for some one else; I didn't rely on certs to get me where I needed to go. Now that I work for myself I just laugh at these young techs who expect to get preferential treatment cause they have these paper certs but no experience.

Damn kids! Don't want to work for anything anymore.
    BB PIN: 32B102A8
    AIM: jnbsdad
    BB AIM: clm blackberry
    EMail:
    mailto: jnbsdad@gmail.com