This is the only place I know where I feel comfortable asking technical questions and ... IT & Business Pros forum

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Thumbs down Can I ask a NON-BlackBerry question?

Advertisement

This is the only place I know where I feel comfortable asking technical questions and can rely on answers I get. Please delete this thread if I shouldn't inquire about this sort of thing.

Ok, so, on my home computer I can no longer use any website or application requiring Adobe Flash. The computer/website will tell me I don't have it installed and when I go to their provided link to Adobe, Adobe gives me instructions to install it, everything goes smoothly, I go back to the website or application and VOILA, still tells me it doesn't exist.

I've found a few other people this has happened to recently, but no one has known a good reason why it happens or how to fix it (and one was an IT consultant. it happened on her home computer and she ended up just wiping it and starting over).

This has been going on for several months. only thing I can think of (like most Windows problems) is to wipe the machine and start over. honestly it's been a while since I did that with my home machine, so that's probably not a bad thing. however, I'd like to save my self and my partner the insanity of 8 hours of labor redoing our machine.

help?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Can I ask a NON-BlackBerry question?

Quote Originally Posted by woodi68
    This is the only place I know where I feel comfortable asking technical questions and can rely on answers I get. Please delete this thread if I shouldn't inquire about this sort of thing.

Ok, so, on my home computer I can no longer use any website or application requiring Adobe Flash. The computer/website will tell me I don't have it installed and when I go to their provided link to Adobe, Adobe gives me instructions to install it, everything goes smoothly, I go back to the website or application and VOILA, still tells me it doesn't exist....
    I'm not very sure on this, I don't use windows often. But do you close the browser completely after the install? have you rebooted the machine since? It might be something that has to load up that way. If you have done that...check to make sure it is actually installing and not being blocked by the browser.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

PIN/ID
    woodi68

It's my machine that won't take it for some reason. it is actually installed according to the Windows uninstall thingy in the control panel. And, yes, over the past several months and 15 different times I've tried installing it I have restared both Explorer and my computer. = (

Hmm... it Flash does work in Firefox... hmmmmm.....

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

It's my machine that won't take it for some reason. it is actually installed according to the Windows uninstall thingy in the control panel. And, yes, over the past several months and 15 different times I've tried installing it I have restared both Explorer and my computer. = (

There are certain plugins( especially video) that dont work correctly or at all in firefox so if thats the browser your are using I recommend switching to Internet Explorer while browsing those sites.

PIN/ID
    woodi68

It's actually visa versa.... No Flash will work in internet explorer, but will in Firefox. Problem really is from Windows Media Player since I have a Media Center PC I use it for all my music and much TV. So that means my downloads from URGE. Apparently URGE also runs on Flash.

RogersToronto no está en línea Stack level 2

Welcome to the world of WIndows!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have the problem where my IE would freeup if I load anything on youtube thats flash, haha.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I have a Windows XP Media Center Edition Notebook PC also and that has never happened with either IE or Firefox on this PC. I highly prefer Firefox over IE ANYDAY. Firefox is the reason I haven't ported from Windows to the Mac OS. I had a previous PC that went and deleted DirectX 9.0C on its own about 2 years ago and it was all downhill from there.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 06-08-2007 at 09:25 PM.

PIN/ID
    woodi68

Well, after 12 fun hours last weekend I wiped my machine and started ALL over. Eeeesh.

But it works now! = )

munee23 no está en línea Stack level 2

Well, after 12 fun hours last weekend I wiped my machine and started ALL over. Eeeesh.

But it works now! = )
    Congrats on the problem resolution. It's unfortunate that you had to go that route. I personally deleted IE because it had given me so many problems. Mainly b/c viruses cluster to that browser and my security programs can't catch up with all the clutter. Every 5 minutes I was seeing a popup from my security software telling me that it had to stop some sort of malware. Those popups get old. Anyway, congrats again.

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

I have VISTA ULITMATE x64 edition, and Flash is not supported by vista yet, but soon it will be, IE doesnt support now, why ? Who knows.

JDWired no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3156B31E

Gotta love beta
    Search Flex - Directory of SEO Services

barrythebadger no está en línea Stack level 4

Smile Re: Can I ask a NON-BlackBerry question?

But it works now! = )
    Not that i don't like Windows (it's corporate standard an'all!) But everyone should use Firefox, or Opera, because even if they don't work straight away, the add-ins just pop up and install lickety split!

Okay, i don't like windows! Opensource is the way forward!