HI There, a while back I was reading here that BB's have trouble receiving emails ... IT & Business Pros forum

Dlhndr no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberrys and Scalix

Advertisement

HI There, a while back I was reading here that BB's have trouble receiving emails that have any attachments embedded in the body of the email. Well, since there are ALOT of my salespeople and my customers that use an Email signature and add graphics, this is a problem.
    I would say better than 70% of my email I can't read.
    It comes across as Application Multipart:mixed. and I get the signature as attachments but nothing in the body of the email.

Right now we are using a Scalix mail server and I am using the Redirect with Retain function. I have tried using the Forward function instead but then the text will come thru but then I don't get any attachments.

I have also tried sending the mail directly to my .sprint.blackberry.net account and it can come thru OK. But if it comes from Scalix to my .sprint.blackberry.net then it doesn't work.

Now one would think this is a Scalix issue. And it very well may be. But I have heard some say it's a blackberry thing.
    Has RIM addressed this issue at all? Is anyone out there using Scalix?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Darrel

florianvk no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Blackberrys and Scalix

Hi.

I would suggest that you also crosspost to the Scalix forums at forums . scalix . com as there are a couple people using it.

If you believe there is an issue with our product, please also open a bugzilla entry at bugzilla . scalix . com.

I personally use the BIS to download my email using IMAP directly from my Scalix account; this works extremely well for me.

Cheers,
    Florian (Director, Product Management, Scalix)