Hello all. I hope you can help. Basically our MDS services will not connect to ... IT & Business Pros forum

ii Candor ii no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb BES/MDS/SSL Issue

Advertisement

Hello all. I hope you can help. Basically our MDS services will not connect to Exchange. At first we were just having problems with BES not syncing contact and calendar info. Now we cannot send/receive mail at all via BES. But PIN messaging seems to be working fine.

We have Exchange and BES on different servers. I renewed an SSL cert for our mail server and then an SSL Certification window popped up the next time I opened the BES Manager on the BES server that says:

"You are entering a secure site. The first time you access this site you must install the SSL Certificate. A valid user name and password is required once per session.

Note: To install certificate:

1. In the Security Alert dialog box, click View Certificate.
    2. In the Certificate Information dialog box, click Install Certificate.
    3. Complete the Certificate Import Wizard."

I've tried installing the SSL Cert using the directions provided, but it asks for an alias and I'm not sure what it is asking for. I have tried using the domain the cert is cerifying, as well as a plethora of other things. So I installed the cert on the server the normal way (by double clicking on the .pfx file and following the pompts), and it installed correctly. But I still get the message in BES when trying to access the MDS server, and it still gives me a message that says: "There are errors in retrieving data from the server. Please refer to the log for more information."

Troubleshooting I have done:

- Installed the SSL Cert (but not through BES as mentioned above)
    - Restarted BES
    - Restarted Exchange System Attendant
    - Rebooted both servers
    - Manually cleared the VPN tunnel and verified reconnection
    - Successfully sent a test email from the BES server to my Exchange email account. But it did not reach my BlackBerry.

Can someone help me out?
    Do you know what alias it is asking for?
    Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

A little more info:

Both servers are running Windows Server 2003. The mail server is running Exchange 2007.

Also I got these two error messages when launching the BES Manager:

Update: After another BES server reboot, email is working again. But we are still having issues with contact info syncing and the SSL message still pops up when I access the BES Manager.
    Last edited by ii Candor ii; 02-07-2009 at 02:59 PM.

Update: BES email went down again. I believe it has something to do with our VPN. I manually cleared the VPN tunnel and it allowed traffic again, but I think I'll have to reboot the server to get BES to connect with Exchange again.

This makes me think that the email issue has more to do with the VPN, but the contact info not syncing has to do with the SSL cert.