Hi, I work for a small financial services firm where I have been named the ... IT & Business Pros forum

dw1256 no está en línea Stack level 1

BES and Address Books

Advertisement

Hi,

I work for a small financial services firm where I have been named the IT guy. We are running BES that was set up by an outside firm but I pretty much handle whatever I can.

I was curious if there are any options in BES where you can give a user the ability to create separate address books that are not synced with BES, or if certain categories can be turned off from being synced, such as "personal". We would like to give users the abitily to have personal contacts on their phones that do not become public to all employees.

It seems to me that if you can have multiple email accounts you would also be able to do the same for address books, tasks, etc. Also, do you know where I can find any information on all of the features for the BES?

Most users are using the BB Curve 8330.

Thank you.
    Dan

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    You can disable the wireless sync of the address book but, you can not have 2 on the device.

dw1256 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks MWPatterson. That is too bad.

I actually show 2 address books right now under Address Book Options on my curve right now, they are duplicates of eachother. This happened when I needed to delete myself off of BES and then add myself back on. Any idea how to remove this duplicate book?

Dan

oconnke1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dw1256 View Post
    Any idea how to remove this duplicate book?

Dan
    I did a post on 4/26/2009 that explains how to get rid of duplicate calendars. It's HUGE so I won't try to repost it here. The concepts should be similar for your situation. Give it a try. Backup your BB first. ;-)
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.138 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105