ok so i have spyware doctor(full version, latest updates), the best against spyware trojans worms ... IT & Business Pros forum

alb3rt no está en línea Stack level 1

Ask about trojan?

Advertisement

ok so i have spyware doctor(full version, latest updates), the best against spyware trojans worms and all that stuff, but will it pick up all trojans and spyware? or just some?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    spyware doctor's trash....get a real antivirus which protects you from all those shenanigans...I'd suggest you use CA antivirus...they're pretty good and/or Avast . Don't use Norton it hogs your pc onboard memory and really makes it sl o o o w w w and <----lag. Good luck with your find
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    No Spyware program is perfect and will pick up "all" worms, trojans, etc. I use Windows Defender and I've never had any issues whatsoever, but to each their own. No program is perfect, they just all strive to be. I'd just recommend using a program that has a good rating from the community or use one that is really well known. Good luck.
    My Smartphone History - 7130e -> 8130 Pearl -> 8330 Curve -> iPhone 3G -> Javelin(Curve 8900)

lisaduffs no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    spyware doctor's trash....get a real antivirus which protects you from all those shenanigans...I'd suggest you use CA antivirus...they're pretty good and/or Avast . Don't use Norton it hogs your pc onboard memory and really makes it sl o o o w w w and <----lag. Good luck with your find
    I agree with you Raton. Norton AV used to be the best antivirus in the computer world. I don't know what happened to it. So far I am an avid fan of Avira and Kaspersky. I rather use an open-source antivirus like Clam AV instead of Spyware Doctors.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    You have to be careful with Spyware programs particularly when they advertise on the Web, they often give a free trial and find viruses on your computer, trouble is they downloaded the virus in order to find it Not good. I would recommend staying with the well known ones, Norton, McAfee, Avira, Kaspersky, I have heard good reports from all of these. My preference is Norton at the moment, but you have to ensure that you keep it uptodate.

I prefer nodeNT32 and MCA fee.

Network Security

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Well it's been a while since my last post on this thread. I've moved onto BitDefender, currently running it on my win7 32 bit
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Lot of good information above.....I've used several of the above programs on two of my Windows XP systems and finally settled on Kaspersky for about two years and experienced a severe infection.....switched to Avast primarily because of user reviews and have been using that for 7 months now.....like it a lot.....and unlike Kaspersky.....it is free. I'm also using Windows defender on a Windows 7 system and am satisfied with that as well. I also use a firewall in addition to my router and installed this version" zaSetup_92_102_000_en.exe " of Zone Alarm as it allows individual program control for access to the Internet, ports, etc. I also like the ability to lock access to the Internet with one keystroke and use that several times daily. Another point that hasn't been mentioned yet is the user variables.....how prone are you to visiting sites that historically as a group, have had issues? How prone are you to open emails especially from unknown sources, etc., etc., etc.?
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    We run Symantec Endpoint Protection in our environment. Its works fine but it does use some resources when it scan your PC's. to combat that we scan during lunch. Also when a machine is infected I turn to Malwarebytes. It does a great job at finding infection and etc.
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

alicaa no está en línea Stack level 1
    I also don't think that spyware doctor is good cause it don't protect your system fully. i think you have to take any real antivirus like avg,avast or other. trojan is very dangerous virus it slows down system and can also send useful information's to other. spyware doctor is good for simple virus ya but not for all.

Last edited by alicaa; 08-10-2011 at 10:52 AM.
    :)