I am thinking of getting a small prepaid phone for voice minutes only. I am ... IT & Business Pros forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Anybody use a backup prepaid phone for voice?

Advertisement

I am thinking of getting a small prepaid phone for voice minutes only. I am trying to choose between getting a TracFone phone or a T-Mobile To Go phone. Anybody wanna help me choose? I'm not giving up the BlackBerry, just want something for voice only without tacking minutes onto my BB plan.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-18-2006 at 01:53 AM.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Anybody use a backup prepaid phone for voice?

I don't have a backup but I would look at both plans and see which are cheaper... I would pick Tmo, but that is because I like my plan and BB
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Here's the comparison of the 2 services:

1) I can get more minutes with TracFone cards (up to 800 minutes vs T-Mo's 400)

2) TracFone refill cards are cheaper (with the exception of their $129.42 double minutes card, their highest is $99.84; T-Mo's highest refill card is $100)

3) TracFone's phones are cheaper than T-Mobile's Pay As You Go phones (TracFone's most expensive phone is $100; T-Mo's highest is $330). I like TracFone's Nokia 1100.

4) Both give the option to get up to a year's worth of service. T-Mo Instant Gold Rewards requires a refills totalling $100; TracFone's Double Minutes services starts off with a 400 minute refill card worth $129.42 and I can get cards with up to 800 minutes but I may not get those due to price.

5) TracFone offers 3 options to keep my service from being deactivated if I forget to add minutes. T-Mo doesn't.

6) Both offer reminders to keep me from forgetting to add minutes.

7) One of TracFone's phones comes with either a 60 or a 250 minute card in the box. T-Mo's phones don't.

8) Upon activation online, I can get an additional 10 minutes with TracFone. Nothing like that with T-Mo.

I am leaning towards TracFone because I activated a phone for a friend of my mom's because she didn't have a cell phone and I like what they offer.

lovellbird no está en línea Stack level 3

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    I use my BB for phone too. But I have used Tracphone too. Tracphones work well in my area and you can't get TMO, or most other services here.

Lovellbird