Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there a way of ascertaining the age of the handset either from the PIN ... IT & Business Pros forum

anthony no está en línea Stack level 3

Age of handset?

Advertisement

Is there a way of ascertaining the age of the handset either from the PIN or the IMEI?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Age of handset?

No clue.... anyone have an idea?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a

I hunted through all the obvious places but can't find the information.

I just started a 'net search to ferret out this information. No joy yet! I will find it if it's available.

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Keeping me on my toes, looking for this information myself.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Ok. So. Are you all going to have birthday parties for your devices? Maybe buy it a new case? A new program? Housing unit? Hahaha. I do that with the trucks. When its their birthdays they get something from me.
    I can see that being the new forum: "upcomming bb birthday notices"

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

What an awsome idea....
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Very funny N8DBB, I had never thought of it that way - great out of the box thinking!

PIN/ID
    23d2215a

Oooh, yeah, a BBB'Day party! That sounds like an appropriate excuse for all sorts of fun!

OK, back to semi-serious mode now. I looked for maybe 15-minutes yesterday for the mechanic to reveal the BB's manufacture date and couldn't find a thing! I can find almost anything in 15 minutes! So, I'm at a loss.

I think I need to take a different tack on this problem. I might email my CSR and ask if she knows how to make the BB reveal it's manufacturing date. I believe that information resides somewhere in the hardware or firmware, but I sure can't find it!

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I just sent a question about this subject to RIM. As soon as I hear something ill post it here.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Thank you for contacting BlackBerry!

We have logged your request. If you would like to follow up on this issue please reply to this email with your request number as it appears above.

BlackBerry Customer Support Center
    877-255-2377
    help@blackberry.net

Stay ahead. By subscribing to Technical Support Services (TSupport) with Research In Motionż, directly or through one of our Partners you will receive BlackBerry support and latest software upgrades. For more information, visit http://www.blackberry.com/support/tsupport/index.shtml . TSupport customers can take advantage of My Service Requests case management system in the Technical Knowledge Center. This comprehensive tool allows you to create, monitor, and update service requests anytime, anywhere. Login to the TKC at http://www.blackberry.com/support/index.shtml.

------ Original Message ------
    Received: Sunday, May 28, 2006 18:44:51 (EST)
    To: help@rim.com
    Subject: Age of Handheld

Hello. I have a question that I hope someone can help me with.
    Is there any way to tell when a blackberry was manufactured? Is there a way to tell, say, like the month and year of construction? Perhaps thru the IMEI number? Or the serial or even the pin number? Any help on this subject is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for your time.
    Yours truly
    John

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~here is what was just sent to me on this subject:
    Hello John,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support. We have determined that your BlackBerry was purchased through T-Mobile. T-Mobile fields general queries and provides technical support for all BlackBerry-related issues. T-Mobile can be contacted directly by telephone at 1-800-937-8997, or found on the Web at:

http://www.t-mobile.com

If your organization has subscribed to TSupport, please have one of your named callers contact BlackBerry Technical Support with your TSupport subscriber code. This code is five digits in length and was supplied as part of your welcome package.

Note: TSupport is an annual subscription program providing software maintenance and technical support services for your BlackBerry wireless enterprise solution. Named callers are personnel within your organization who are authorized to contact our support staff. For more information on TSupport, please visit:

http://www.blackberry.com/support/tsupport/index.shtml

All BlackBerry users have free access to the BlackBerry Technical Knowledge Center. The Technical Knowledge Center provides a repository of support information, documentation and frequently asked questions, with enhanced search capabilities so you can easily search for and find the BlackBerry support information you need. Please visit:

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic

Sincerely,

Jon
    BlackBerry Technical Support
    Research In Motion Limited
    Tel: 1-877-255-2377
    Email: help@blackberry.net
    Web: www.blackberry.com

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Ok. So. Are you all going to have birthday parties for your devices? Maybe buy it a new case? A new program? Housing unit? Hahaha. I do that with the trucks. When its their birthdays they get something from me.
    I can see that being the new forum: "upcomming bb birthday notices"
    LOL Yes I'm looking to upgrade the housing on a 6 month old 7100t and a case for a 14 month old 7730 I only remember how old they are because I remember when I got them.

Has anyone got any further with this yet?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

There was some talk about the Final packaging or manufacturing date being printed on the box. The box for my 8700C has what looks like a date of 161105, which could correspond to 16 Nov 05. This fits with the order date of 23 Nov 05 for that device. My old 7290 box has 260704, which is 6 months prior to my purchase in a store. That's about right for store purchase.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

PIN/ID
    23d2215a

That looks like a good catch. I'll check my box.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast