Hello All, I hope that someone else on this forum has learned from the trial ... IT & Business Pros forum

bluebackpack no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Advise Please: Best VoIP for US-to-Latin America

Advertisement

Hello All,
    I hope that someone else on this forum has learned from the trial and error that I am presently encountering with VoIP and traditional international calling plans. My location is NYC and I call clients in all countries in Latin America. My landline experience with Vonage was a horror beyond words. Using my cell phone was a little better. So far, VoIP has provided the clearest connection, with the fewest dropped calls. I have been using Skype. I accept the fact that many of my calls sound as if they are traveling through a barrel tunnel. My Skype calls within the U.S. and to Europe are very clear, and rarely disconnect.
    My question is addressed to anyone who has similar business needs. Which modality do you use? Landline, cellular, or VoIP? What company and/or plan do you utilize? Many of the VoIP plans are compatible with my Blackberry. That is, of course, a great advantage. I appreciated any and all opinions. I am open to suggestions. Thank you.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

bluebackpack no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Advise Please: Best VoIP for US-to-Latin America

Thank you very much for your advice, Hayden. Skype is great on so many levels! Easy integration into my business programs, too.

Does anyone have any input based on their experience with the traditional landline and VoIP services? Am I the only one who has dreadful service with Vonage? At least 70 dropped calls a day, poor connection, static, etc.? I think the solution for my company will involve both internet and traditional lines, but I need to find a decent land-line service.

Here's a post-note curveball: Our location is NYC. We have massive amounts of construction going on around us at all times-- condos and co-ops going up left and right. Could this be affecting the quality of our land-line service?

vi2tq no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Advise Please: Best VoIP for US-to-Latin America

Hello blue,
    I currently use Lingo(www.lingo.com) and have a local phone number in Guatemala for clients and family. I did have vonage, but it was a bad service with a lot of extra charges. If I have to do international calls from my BB I use Tel3 service. It has a local phone number, it is basically a discount calling card that charges the phone calls to my credit card. Hope the info helps. Oh and btw skype is a great option too.