Going to happen next weekend in Kentucky...This could be interesting.... Sarah Fisher has signed on ... IT & Business Pros forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

2 Female Drivers In The Same IRL Race?

Advertisement

Going to happen next weekend in Kentucky...This could be interesting....

Sarah Fisher has signed on to race for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing next Sunday at the Kentucky Motor Speedway. She was the first woman to ever hold a poll for an IRL race, and has the highest finish of any woman ever in an IRL event.

Read Story About Fisher Returning to The IRL.

This will be interesting to see how her and Danica Patrick stack up against the rest of the guys in the field, considering that Patrick held the pole for the same race last year!

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: 2 Female Drivers In The Same IRL Race?

What's the big deal? I think women can drive as well as men, have just as fast reaction times...dunno why there aren't more female drivers.

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

she wont beat Danica in the looks Dept.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Hey N8, bring back Danica's pic. :-)

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

I think the main reason there aren't more women at that level of racing is what it takes to get there. Drivers at that level, like any other professional athletes in the upper reaches of their sport, have been doing it most of their lives. Most mom's want their 7 or 8 year-old daughters taking ballet or gymnastics or maybe even t-ball or soccer, but not out in the garage building racing karts with dad. And then as they get a little older, its cool for a boy to be able to say that he spends his weekends racing his shifter kart. I'm not sure most teenage girls would consider it something to brag about. If you look like Danika Patrick probably did in high school, you could wrestle alligators on the weekends and you'd have a line of guys following you around.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Well I've seen some really good naval officers, great at surface combat (ships) as well as pilots. Don't think they've been doing that all their lives.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by bcuzi8paintchips
    Well I've seen some really good naval officers, great at surface combat (ships) as well as pilots. Don't think they've been doing that all their lives.
    True, but it's not the same thing. The ones that reach the elite (read Combat Tatics Officer/Test Pilot) have the same drive that the top level female race drivers have. And there are not too many top level drivers, Male or female that didn't start racing at a young age. Naval Officers and Pilots go through an extensive educational and training process that does not exist in racing. Ain't no Annapolis or Pensacola there. You either gain the capabilities by education, training and practice as in the Military or by experience as is racing. Of course you have to have the inherent ability and dedication to reach the pinical in either field.

Just my $0.02 worth.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Amen.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    True, but it's not the same thing. The ones that reach the elite (read Combat Tatics Officer/Test Pilot) have the same drive that the top level female race drivers have. And there are not too many top level drivers, Male or female that didn't start racing at a young age. Naval Officers and Pilots go through an extensive educational and training process that does not exist in racing. Ain't no Annapolis or Pensacola there. You either gain the capabilities by education, training and practice as in the Military or by experience as is racing. Of course you have to have the inherent ability and dedication to reach the pinical in either field.

Just my $0.02 worth.
    Rcbjr.

very well said!

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

i liked Sarah when she drove, will be nice to see her back out on the track, although dont know how competitive she will be, guess we will have to wait and see,, Hey n8 how did that trip to Michigan go, get any pics ???

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Patrick 8th...
    Fisher 12th...

'Nuff Said...

And by the way....can someone PLEASE try and catch the Penske And Ganassi teams? GOOD LORD they are un-freaking-stopable!

GREAT race yesterday (if anyone happened to see it). 3 wide racing quite a few times, the "red boys" chasing each other at the front of the pack almost all day long. Wheldon COULD have had the race but definately screwed up BIG TIME when he came in for gas and completely missed his markers! Oh, and let's not forget Miera slamming into Patrick in the morning practice going into pit row and almost taking both of them out of the race...Oh yeah, and how about Marco losing control coming into the pits and deciding to take a short cut through the infield to get into the pits?

Will be interesting to see what happens in 2 weeks at Infenion.

Hornish is the points leader right now, but he is TERRIBLE on road coarses.

Look for Helio to bounce up again.