Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi friends. I am one of those who can't watch youtube vids despite having installed ... RIM Handheld OS forum

asdf12321 no está en línea Stack level 2

Yet another OS 4.5 and youtube question

Advertisement

Hi friends.
    I am one of those who can't watch youtube vids despite having installed OS 4.5.
    Whenever I click on the youtube link, my Blackberry media player opens, but it just stays black, nothing is ever played. If I press the menu button I get an option to save the video, but that doesn't works either. Do anyone knows what am I doing wrong? Could it be my carrier's fault? This is a long shot, but anyone with telcel and OS 4.5 with working youtube out there?
    Thanks.

j0hnnyv no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A75C4C
    You are using the BB Browser and going to http://m.youtube.com
    ?

If thats not working I am not really sure, it should with 4.5 Do you have a microsd card installed for memory?
    BlackBerry Bold 9000 - TMobile
    PIN: 24A75C4C

Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/j0hnnyv

Hi. Thanks for your time. Yes, I visit the "mobile" version of youtube. And I also have a mem card with plenty of space.

Anyone?

sev7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello, I installed the os 4.5.0.37 on my bb 8310, and when I try to watch a youtube video, the bb media player run but i got the following message: "Can not find web address. Verify that this web address is valid". What can i do?
    thanks

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    I find that 90% of the time it doesn't work.

crazyj963 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    I am having the same problem I updated to 4.5 this morning it worked for like 5 hours then decided to do that
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have had a few issues where YouTube causes my phone to reboot. This has happened since .37 (I think that was the first 8330 build of 4.5 I ran) ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    For anyone trying to use YouTube on their BlackBerry, I would suggest http://Vuclip.com.

It also has a launch icon:
    Download the Vuclip.com launcher application!
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

crazyj963 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    hey i just wanted to tell everyone i rebooted my phone not too long after that post and it has worked ever since i have an AT&T 8310 with 4.5.0.55

justin411 no está en línea Stack level 1

4.5 OS for AT&T

[quote=crazyj963;866101]hey i just wanted to tell everyone i rebooted my phone not too long after that post and it has worked ever since i have an AT&T 8310 with 4.5.0.55[/quote

Is anyone having any problem with the running another 4.5 OS for Curve AT&T?

astynax no está en línea Stack level 1
    So I upgraded my tmo 8320 to orange UK os .52 and now my phone reboots as soon as I click watch this video on youtube. The player opens and then reboots, every time. Phone also reboots during phone calls sometimes... I have a 4gb microsd card that I tried pulling but it didn't help. Anyone? Any settings I need to change or anything?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by astynax View Post
    So I upgraded my tmo 8320 to orange UK os .52 and now my phone reboots as soon as I click watch this video on youtube. The player opens and then reboots, every time. Phone also reboots during phone calls sometimes... I have a 4gb microsd card that I tried pulling but it didn't help. Anyone? Any settings I need to change or anything?

Did you do the upgrade with the media card in the phone? If so, reload the OS WITHOUT the media card, then reformat the card in the device. You might even want to try these steps posted by another Stacker (sherlockphones) who had a similar issue:

1. Using Desktop Manager / Media Manager, copy the entire contents of your media card to your PC.

2. Format the media card using your 4.5 device.

3. Using Media Manager, I noticed that some of my pictures had nothing in the attributes column. Therefore, copy only those images that have attributes back onto the media card.
    Last edited by RogerG; 09-05-2008 at 05:05 PM.

astynax no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ok I did that RoGro... Fixed my youtube, but still crash on phone calls randomly. Any thoughts? Any settings I might be restoring from previous backup?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by astynax View Post
    Ok I did that RoGro... Fixed my youtube, but still crash on phone calls randomly. Any thoughts? Any settings I might be restoring from previous backup?
    No, sorry. The reboots seem to be associated with the media card, but if you followed the instructions above, it should've fixed that as well. Might want to try a battery pull.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast