I am really struggling with my 7100x after installing os 4.1 I have decided to ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Johnny - UK no está en línea Stack level 1

Wipe handheld - how do i do it?

Advertisement

I am really struggling with my 7100x after installing os 4.1

I have decided to try to wipe the handheld and start again, but I don't know how./

If I use securit settings in options, and select wipe handheld, it just deletes all of my files, settings etc, but leaves the OS intact, I need to have a clean slate - how do I do this? Please help?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Wipe handheld - how do i do it?

1. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Intellisync, and then click Auto start... .

2. Make sure the only option checked is Update handheld's date and time.

3. Click OK, then click Close.

After completing the steps below, if you want to synchronize your BlackBerry again, make sure to reselect the auto start options you deselected above, or your device will continue to only update the date and time when cradled.

To clear personal data from your BlackBerry, follow the directions below:
    1. Cradle your device. (Edit: This does not apply to a 7100 series BlackBerry. Thought I'd add this cause it confuses people).

2. If the BlackBerry you are clearing is not the one you are currently using, you will see a Redirector Settings pop-up that says your email account is set up to use a different device and asking if you want to change it to work with this device. Click No.

3. Double-click Application Loader, then click Next.

4. If prompted, enter your password.

5. On the Handheld Application Selection screen, click Next.

6. You will see the message "No actions are required." Click Advanced. If you have an 850 or 950 series device, click Next on the Handheld Storage Allocation screen.

7. On the Handheld Data Preservation screen, click to check Erase all application data. Click Next.

8. On the Application Data Backup screen, select Do not automatically back up and restore the handheld application data during the loading process. Click Next.

9. Click Finish. Make sure you do not remove the handheld from the cradle until the clearing process is finished.

hi thanks for your reply

Somehow I seem to be be nearly where I want to, without having to wipe the device.

I have the 4.1os working ok but i need to import my settings (for internet mail etc) to the device.

I am certain that if I do the complete restore from by original backup file (made in os4.0 yesterday) that I will get in a mess again as I have tried this several times, and I do not want to do that.

Do you know how I can import my email settings etc? I have managed to import the address book using advanced in the backup and restor section.

All i need now is to get the email working.

thanks

It seems I am receiving email ok but not able to send or reply, i get the message "no message services configured. you will only be able to save as draft"

Can anybody help?

Alsomy internet browser has disapperaed.

I am a single user - not a company, hence I use blackberry internet mail service, not enterprise.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Take your battery out, wait 30 seconds, put it back in. Go to Options>Settings>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Register Now. If that doesn't work, go to your carrier's BlackBerry Web Client site and click on "Send Service Book."

thanks for advice, but I now have a problem.

I took out the battery and sim for a few minutes, put them back, and the device powered up by itself and i have the spinning hourglass in the middle of the screen.

It has been there about 10 minutes so far, and looks like it is staying forever.

I will leave it a while, but I am notoptimistic.

This is turning into a nightmare, all i ever wanted to do was change the theme!!

Please help somebody?

Seems like I am talking to myself, but hopefully you guys in the states are waking up soon?

Everything seems to work now, apart from I do not have an internet browser.

I can send and receive emails ok and the phone functions (voice) are ok too.

Someone suggested i request a service book, but i don't know how to do this.

I am with o2 in the UK and their website doesn't help me much.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny - UK
    Seems like I am talking to myself, but hopefully you guys in the states are waking up soon?

Everything seems to work now, apart from I do not have an internet browser.

I can send and receive emails ok and the phone functions (voice) are ok too.

Someone suggested i request a service book, but i don't know how to do this.

I am with o2 in the UK and their website doesn't help me much.
    Try these links:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...hlight=browser

http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfo...hlight=browser

Let me know if that helps!

Hi all who have helped.

I think I am clean and dry thanks to everybody that helped me on the way!

I now feel like I have a new phone which is great.

Can anyone suggest where I can buy a new hopusing for a 7100x (or other 7100) so I can finish the job.

I am in england but will buy from anywhere that will ship to me.

Does anybody have any opinions on the best casing? Are they all compatible? I have the black O2 7100x at the moment but a year old and a bit tatty.

Thanks again all, esp n8d.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny - UK
    Hi all who have helped.

I think I am clean and dry thanks to everybody that helped me on the way!

I now feel like I have a new phone which is great.

Can anyone suggest where I can buy a new hopusing for a 7100x (or other 7100) so I can finish the job.

I am in england but will buy from anywhere that will ship to me.

Does anybody have any opinions on the best casing? Are they all compatible? I have the black O2 7100x at the moment but a year old and a bit tatty.

Thanks again all, esp n8d.
    Try this link:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...hlight=housing

and most info are listed just click on the search button and type in what you are looking for and it pops right up!! secondly, why don't you become a registered member? This forum is great, my girlfriend lives there in the UK, and I told her to register with this forum, lots of nice people and loads of info...but if not enjoy your surfing....