I have a 8700c running on Tmobile and i have done OS upgrades for myself ... RIM Handheld OS forum

ToY9CiTo no está en línea Stack level 2

WILL NOT UPGRADE OS..though ive done it 20 times b4

Advertisement

I have a 8700c running on Tmobile and i have done OS upgrades for myself as well as friends over 20 times so i am very familiar with deleting the vendor file etc.
    But i have the 4.10.351 OS right now and i read that the 8703 SPrint OS is very stable and smooth so i wanted to upgrade...Is there some special i have to do to get my DM to upgrade the OS ? i have done everything i know to do over and over even tried it on my brothers computer with no luck..

I deleted vendor file and open DM and hit applications..nothing happens....

do i have to replace the blackberry.alx file or iss there another way i can force DM to see the OS is newer on my pc than on my phone?

i wish i could delete a core file or somethign to force it upgrade..anyway please if anyone has had this problema nd knows any solution let me know thanks....

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: WILL NOT UPGRADE OS..though ive done it 20 times b4

Can't help you but I'll bump you up.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

1. Unistall the OS on your PC
    2. Download the Sprint OS
    3. Delete Vendor File
    4. Now you should have two OS folder on your loader files. Go to loader files of the Sprint OS, Copy everything but CDMA (something like that)
    5. Then go back to your current OS folder in the loader file and paste everything in that folder. Select "Yes to all" if that prompt appears.
    6. Open up your your DM and a pop up update should appear.

Hope that helps goodluck!
    Last edited by flash24; 02-01-2007 at 05:41 PM.

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Oh and yes, I used to have that sprint OS on my 8700g and it's very smooth. I love it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks guys for the info I'm gonna go try out the recomendations and get back to u.I actually deleted the old os folder so I will install then uninstall as the directions of flash24 state..

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

can anybody post any specific details about the sprint os (ie differences from others, pros and cons, etc)

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by husnain1
    can anybody post any specific details about the sprint os (ie differences from others, pros and cons, etc)
    I've tried a lot of OS out there and this OS is I believe the fastest one. Applications runs preety smooth.. it's great.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ hey u doing flash24 thanks a million for the information.it worked great..actually as soon as I reinstalled my old os it prompted me for update now which I found strange but..I do have a question maybe u can help me with I want to install the sprint theme and the today theme fro vodafone how do I edit the blackberry.alx file to add them?? I was able to add vendor 102 to the verizon theme (since I'm using a 8700c on tmobile) and it loaded the theme but it won't load the vodafone today nor the bell mobil nor the sprint theme..any hints on how it should look like? Or can anyone mail me ur blackberry.alx file... That has all the themes..greatly appreciated thanks a bunch.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ OK after thinking thru all night I finally figured out how to edit the blackberry.alx file and I have all the themes on my berry and took off the hated list themes and the cingular theme which is a waste of space..thanks.

PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~oh sorry I was too late... That's great that u got everything running . Feel free to pin me or pm me if u got any questions. Oh and your very welcome.