Hi All, Why we are deleting vendor.xml before the upgrading the device software, in fact ... RIM Handheld OS forum

shanu_pacer no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Why we are deleting vendor.xml before the upgrading the device software

Advertisement

Hi All,

Why we are deleting vendor.xml before the upgrading the device software, in fact i am in the process of upgrading huge number of devices software, the issue that i am facing is, for my service provider there is no customised softwares available. Cause of this i have downloded the latest software from anoher service provider wesite and planing to use that with our devices, any sugesions...

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: Why we are deleting vendor.xml before the upgrading the device software

The vendor.xml file tells the desktop manager what carrier's the software was written for. If your phone's carrier code does not match the one in the vendor.xml file the update will not install. If there is no vendor.xml file the phone and desktop manager consider it to be a generic update and install it just fine.

Zo

shanu_pacer no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks a lot for the mail Ami. What will happen if install device software provided by T-mobile on device whose service provider is o2?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Once you delete the vendor.xml file, nothing other than the device being upgraded should happen. Of course this all depends on the version of the software you install. I would check the 88xx threads for the latest version of the OS and see what people are saying about it first to make sure if it does have any bugs they are ones you can live with.

Zo

Spynguy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3025E9BC

Can anyone tell me who has a copy of 4.2 for the 8703e on CDMA. I really don't care what carrier it is. I can take out the vendor file. Going by everything I've read here and other threads it doesn't sound like rocket science. A link to the software would be extremely appreciated.

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

CDMA 4.2 (Sprint) hasnt been released yet. Only 4.2 for GSM.