Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have a blackberry 8100 and I've been downloading and trying out the 4.5 OS. ... RIM Handheld OS forum

vista23 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question What is the BEST 4.5 OS for 8100

Advertisement

I have a blackberry 8100 and I've been downloading and trying out the 4.5 OS. I really like it because of the new look and new features. I was wondering which OS is the most stable. Right now im using 4.5.0.75. and its pretty good compared to the others. Once you start listening to music or watching videos it resets. Sometimes just a random reset. If go to options/ media card and put remove media card everything works fine besides the camera's white balance. So yeah I was wondering What is the best 4.5 Os out there that i can use?

mattbrody no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2111E9AA
    I had updated to 4.5 but my phone was extreamly slow.. i couldnt live like that went back to 4.2.0.109.. still dont know why some people can upgrate and dont cause any truble..

my phone is a 8100, Unlock .109 OS,

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Running 4.5.0.55 on my 8100 and 4.5.0.52 on my 8120. I might try to swap my SIM card and see what the 8100 does.

antoinetteL3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm running 4.5(55) I had some probs in the beginning but with a little work I was able to make it work and now I love it.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I just upgraded to 4.5.0.55.. So far very little issues with it.. I'm still looking into fixing a couple of things but it seems stable so far. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Does the memory card work for it? Or do you have to disable it?
    For 4.5 (.55)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vista23 View Post
    Does the memory card work for it? Or do you have to disable it?
    For 4.5 (.55)
    What you want to do is take out the memory card first and then upgrade. After that slowly start adding stuff back to the media card. That worked for me because I was having probs when the phone would restart and it would give me the app 523 error message and restart. Now, my phone seems to be working fine and I can reboot without a problem. I hope that works.

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Hmmm, never had an issue. Also, the reset from watching a bunch of videos or listening to music, does this happen to everybody? I flew to Vegas from North Carolina and watched three episodes of Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles with no issues. On the way back, I did the same, then listened to some old school MP3s I found (lol, that's all I'm sayin') with no problems.

I'm just curious to the situation in which makes the BB reset.

Quote Originally Posted by antoinetteL3 View Post
    What you want to do is take out the memory card first and then upgrade. After that slowly start adding stuff back to the media card. That worked for me because I was having probs when the phone would restart and it would give me the app 523 error message and restart. Now, my phone seems to be working fine and I can reboot without a problem. I hope that works.
    Ill try that out but i have a lot of pictures on there.

Quote Originally Posted by vista23 View Post
    Ill try that out but i have a lot of pictures on there.
    If you put all your pictures on a file on your computer, you can add them back later.

Yeah but you said add files little by little. Can't i just format it and then drag the whole folder back onto to the memory card?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Why are you removing the memory card before upgrading?? Did it cause a crash along the way, I didn't know it was a must!!!

Vista, you can also, insert the card, format it, use mass storage mode to copy paste all your media/files back onto the card by accessing the removable drive you've connected your USB to....

Oh alright ill give a shot

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've actually been running .37 on a 8100 from SunCom without a single hitch. Never reboots, never lags, camera always works fine. It was my first venture into 4.5 territory and after all the horror stories of every version in between, i decided I would just stick with this one since it works. I like docs2go and especially the voice recorded which I use all the time. I even used it to record a conversation between my auto mechanic admitting guilt to destroying the oil pan!

Email seperate is easier to understand and the body format of messages is cleaner.. even all my apps still work from before. all around thumbs up.. but .37 seems to suck for everyone else so i cant recommend it.

jforce1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've tried 4.5.0.37 and now I'm using 4.5.0.55. There seems to be some improvements in .55 over .37. I've found it resets less now and the camera works perfectly. I have an 8GB microSDHC card in and it works ok, but not perfectly. Sometimes I have to go to media then hit menu and select explore to find all the files on the card.

Overall, I love OS 4.5 over 4.2 that I was running before.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast