Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I see all the new phones "Coming Soon" and that's all nice and dandy ... RIM Handheld OS forum

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5

Well Well Rim.....

Advertisement

So I see all the new phones "Coming Soon" and that's all nice and dandy but ummm

What in the blue hell happened to the 4.5 OS Upgrade. Wow, I thought I'd basically be using the features exclusively within this time frame. Yet, I get the feeling it may not arrive until after the 9000 has been out for a little while. Great stragedy, we can just buy all new phones that give us what we need rather than hang onto our phones and simply upgrade them. Then again, giving us that right away cuts into your potential profit for the new upcoming phone. Hmmmmm, why must you tease us like this so much....

Last edited by BERRYCURVE; 05-05-2008 at 11:15 AM.

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    LOL...yeah...while i have been enjoying the beta for 4.5 and wondering when it will come out...I realize that 4.5 is NOT the promised-land...now my eyes are on 4.6 "The OS is always cleaner on the other side" - me.
    When in Doubt, Pop the Battery Out!

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I never though of it that way but I can see people more geared to buy the 9000 if the 4.5 is not out before

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well yeah, all the features one wants with 4.5 and more...better browser, etc. I'm still holding out for the touchscreen+slider BB, however
    When in Doubt, Pop the Battery Out!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'm not really worried about it anymore because I do have the option of upgrading. My choice now is: KickStart, 8120 or both which is what I'm leaning towards so I can switch phones when I want to.

I remember when the 4.1.0.309 OS was delayed for the 7100 series a few years ago. It eventually came out and everyone was happy. If and when it comes out, then I'll get it. I've got enough beta software on my BB already. I don't need anymore LOL

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Forget about 4.5, its never going to be released. It will morph in 4.6 any day now, the same as 4.3 morphed into 4.5.
    How long have we been waiting for this, 8 months?
    And the wonderful information we are getting from RIM!!!!!!!!!!
    What really annoys me is that I so want Docs2Go but the release of that is tied into the OS now.
    This is a terrible way to treat your loyal customers.
    No wonder the OS was leaked.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Speaking of 4.6, I have already herd that on the line of BB9000 will have 4.6. And yes i agree with the comment that we will not see the new OS until after the sales for the 9000. They got to make their bread.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    hah according to some other specs, there is also 4.7, the CDMA will use the os 4.6, and the gsm vesion will use 4.7. Head over to the 9000 forums and read it, its the specs on the niagara and javelin.
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Eh...I dont care now! LOL! I have a perfectly working 4.5 beta----who needs the real one? I dont need docs to go (just has to be installed for jivetalk to work)....but, either way, I may get the 9000...as long as it's not too big...
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    if rim wants to make improvements to their products then they should release the new OS soonish. Otherwise applications such as opera put their's to shame. Literally. I cannot tell you when I last used blackberry browser extensively. I can login to my bank, ebay, website using opera mini but the blackberry browser fails miserably.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

psyko825 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    the 9000 that was purchased off of ebay is running 4.6 i have a sneaking suspiscion that vince1 is right and that 4.5 will morph into 4.6 and we wont be seeing the upgrade until well after the 9000 is released
    "CENSORED"

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Well I just happy with my 4.5 beta.
    5.0 OS anyone?????

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    LOL...I love this....I am sure RIM will be laughing all the way to the bank. :-(....

I do wish that they treated the customers better. The 9000 should have been hot on the heels of an iPhone release---really the 8800 shouldn't have come out---it seems too much like the 9000. There are so many "Should haves"....

Oh well...I dunno know if I am going to buy the 9000....i do have a great beta version....hmmmm....will they get me??? I dunno! LOL!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

SLVR6 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    G PONG!
    You know they will get you! Just like the rest of us addicts. With the faster processor, bit more memory, and faster data speed, they will get us! That is, unless the prices is just stupid......

curvin300 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~gotta question, is 4.5 gonna let us use 8GB micro sd card?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast