Have any of you noticed the video bug with 4.2.1.xxx OS versions for the 8100? ... RIM Handheld OS forum

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3

Video issues with 4.2.1.xxx on 8100

Advertisement

Have any of you noticed the video bug with 4.2.1.xxx OS versions for the 8100? My Pearl, with any of the 4.2.1.xxx versions, ends up playing my videos at a much smaller than normal size, about the size of a postage stamp (maybe not that small, but definitely smaller). I called T-Mobile and they talked to BB and they said that nothing can be done. I've had to roll back to 4.2.0.73 in order to have my regular video size. I REALLY want to use 4.2.1.xxx because of the cool settings for the browser, like being able to change the image quality of online web photos on web pages (to reduce loading time) and the ability to change to Desktop View and scroll around the whole page. Is there possibly a way to have these settings added without having to use 4.2.1.xxx? There are also some other cool settings with 4.2.1.xxx that I like, I just can't recall what they were. Is there maybe a way to fix this? Some sort of software change?

Is this just part of the update? Is 4.2.1.xxx intended to make the videos smaller? What size are your videos if you have updated to 4.2.1.xxx?
    Last edited by sgtdisturbed47; 11-30-2007 at 08:18 PM.

Re: Video issues with 4.2.1.xxx on 8100

I seriously need help with this. I have reinstalled different OS's 6 times in the last 2 days trying to figure this out.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

So the videos won't play full screen anymore with the update? Is this all the videos you have or just a few?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

So the videos won't play full screen anymore with the update? Is this all the videos you have or just a few?
    Not that they won't play full screen anymore, I am trying to get them to play full screen with MediaPlayer by Dollar5, which requires 4.2.1.xxx in order to work, but with 4.2.1.xxx my videos are much smaller than they usually are, whether I'm using MediaPlayer or the built-in media player that comes with the OS. It doesn't fill the screen from left to right like it usually does in the RIM media player, but it's a small square, about 180x180. Quite annoying.