I am not sure if anyone else has had this experience but I find it ... RIM Handheld OS forum

vaughnq no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20609EF4

Video Attachments not Opening

Advertisement

I am not sure if anyone else has had this experience but I find it rather annoying and consider it an oversight of the BB software team.

When I receive a video file, it gives me the option as it would a picture file to "open attachment" it then redirects me to the usual download page where you would normally see progress until the "tick" of download confirmation came up. It doesnt get a tick, the progress ball doesnt even show up, instead when I click on the attachment named it goes right back to the email.

If i take that same file and save it to my memory card I can view it quite fine, so its not an incompatibility issue, it simply just wont download the file.

Is it something I have set up incorrectly or is it a software flaw??

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Its mostlikely a software problem but also are these regular files sent over email? If so they need to be coverted for the bb media player to play if not coverted then the media player won't open the attached file

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

aimeekelley no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~has any one had a problem trying to open a video after saving it to a media card? My curve has gone crazy the last few weeks!!!

vaughnq no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20609EF4
    Quote Originally Posted by Don LuiG View Post
    Its mostlikely a software problem but also are these regular files sent over email? If so they need to be coverted for the bb media player to play if not coverted then the media player won't open the attached file

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

When the same video is saved on my media card or the bb internal memory it plays WITHOUT requiring conversion, it just cannot be downloaded, just as if an mp3 file is emailed to me I cannot open/save it. unless i get to a regular pc where i can download it and copy it to my phone

Is there rectification for this
    Last edited by vaughnq; 06-09-2008 at 02:54 PM.

athename no está en línea Stack level 1

device software

before ive'got jvm error 102 then id used jm_clder mistakenly press the factory setting default. do it again and press wipe then error 507 come out. i try use desktop manager uploader but cannot find find software to be added. When i check desktop manager help,software device tab is empty. pls........ help

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    When you uninstalled BB manager it might have taken the BB OS with it(depending on the option you chose when you uninstalled) re-download the firmware and restart DM~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    When you uninstalled BB manager it might have taken the BB OS with it(depending on the option you chose when you uninstalled) re-download the firmware and restart DM~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I guess it would help if you installed what I asked you to download...this is me on one hour of sleep in 48!