anyone else who upgraded to the 4.1, going back to 4.0? don't get me wrong ... RIM Handheld OS forum

malcriado no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30505e13

V4.1 must DIE!

Advertisement

anyone else who upgraded to the 4.1, going back to 4.0? don't get me wrong it's alot better than the 4.0. The web is quicker, seperate ringtones for different callers and all that good stuff. but here is what is annoying the hell out of me, the whole theme thing not working correctly, i just don't get it. the call log issue. I don't know if the 4.1 is worth it, what does everyone else think?!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: V4.1 must DIE!

once its ironed out it works really well.

malcriado no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30505e13

how do you iron out the problems?

the call log thing, don't know how to fix.

and the major one for me the themes........default and vodafone are the only ones that seem to work, everything else that message "illegal exception" or something like that keeps coming up......

if you know how to fix it, please let me know i'd appreciate it....

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Ok, first off what kind of call log issue are you having? Its kinda broad to just say "call log issue". I don't think I am experiencing any problems with my call log? But I may be wrong.

2nd, when you load the themes, are you going and changing the permissions? I wasn't changing the permissions on mine and none of them showed up, but once I went and changed the permissions to allow and did a reset, viola, the themes were there!

EDIT::: ok, i need to slow down while reading over the posts. I was having the same problem with the illegal exception. Where did you get the version of 4.1 that you are running? When I was having that problem it was with the Hong Kong version, but when someone pointed me to the C&W version, I loaded it and I had no problems.

If you have BB messenger, then accept the request I just sent you and I will try and help.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Quote Originally Posted by malcriado
    how do you iron out the problems?

the call log thing, don't know how to fix.

and the major one for me the themes........default and vodafone are the only ones that seem to work, everything else that message "illegal exception" or something like that keeps coming up......

if you know how to fix it, please let me know i'd appreciate it....
    If you call log issue you are having is the logs dissappering...it is simple to solve your bb is out of memory...checkout the link below..hope it helps..

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...+dissappearing

rwashing07 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203B32C3

work great for me

barber211 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    400803f1

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

Ok what does changing the permissions mean regarding themes. My issue is I would download a theme from ozrial via desktop manager and woila' I go to the theme section on my phone and see it there but when I click to change the theme, the task bar only says poketday (the app), download themes, and close. Any specific reason why this happens. Is it a desktop issue? Did I need to dowload theme reader alx??

geokenuae no está en línea Stack level 1

I upgraded my Cingular 7100g to 4.1 end everything 4.1 seemed to work, EXCEPT - I lost enterprise activation and had to go back to 4.02x. I then played dumb with my IT folks and have requested an new activation code.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I had trouble with a few themes and the uncaught exception error message also once I upgraded my 7105t. I got the O2 and Vodafone themes I wanted on my 7100t (after upgrading) but not on my 7105t (which I don't understand why I can't do this because they're essentially the exact same phone, only the 7105t has improvements in the screen, browser, etc.). I am still trying to figure out how to get them to the 7105t.

The call log problem is simple to solve: Make sure you clear it out every so often. I have to do this because I get a lot of text and email messages daily.

I get the uncaught exception error message every time I accidentally load any 77xx themes on my 7105t. I also have a 7730 and I love the default icon theme that it shows when u turn the phone on. I want that theme on my 7105t because I plan on getting rid of the 7730 sometime in the future (and want more themes for it too but it only has 4.0 OS), but it is currently incompatible with and crashes my 7105t (Can someone remake that theme to fit a 7100 series BB? I'd be a happy stacker if anyone could do this LOL). It totally screws up the screen to the point that u can't read the writing or any menus (looks like the writing layers on top of itself when u scroll to a different icon and has no screen color to it, it's just black and white with the exception of a few programs I have on the 7105t that I downloaded and installed). That takes even longer to solve and several times I thought I lost my 7105t but it managed to survive it.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE 4.1 but those bugs above are the only ones that irritate me. It seems like getting the correct themes on your phone is just a trial and error process depending on your model (compatibility). Good luck and keep us posted.

Debias no está en línea Stack level 2

Has anyone been able to change fonts in any of the themes you downloaded? I noticed that after downloading and applying different themes other than the ones that are defaulted on my 8700 that I can not change the font overall

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I have noticed that also. The writing on the main screen is very tiny but the font used in the messages is whatever u choose (in my case I chose Milibank Tall 8).

ozrial no está en línea BB Themes Guru
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Quote Originally Posted by Debias
    Has anyone been able to change fonts in any of the themes you downloaded? I noticed that after downloading and applying different themes other than the ones that are defaulted on my 8700 that I can not change the font overall
    This is due to the rigidity of Plazmic Theme Builder. It will not allow users to change fonts. You are pretty much stuck with the font the creator chooses. In one aspect this is good due to the control you have as a theme builder to make every aspect of the theme fit. However of course from the users end (as I am both of course) if you do not like the font that was chosen, then it can ruin the entire theme. My advise it to give it a shot. Themes are fairly easy to create with that software, then you can create your perfect theme!!!
    ...:: OZ ::...
    "Marriage is like sitting in a bathtub, once you get used to it - its not so hot"

sfortune no está en línea Stack level 1

Well i have the themes, and i have changed the permissions and all of that is fine. I've reseted the phone by taking out the battery and still it doesn't move to themes, after doing this a million times i tried everything else and still nothing. I pretty good and solving problems but please somebody HELP! and tell me why it isn't working?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ did you put the plazmic theme reader on your bb? Can't use themes without it. You also need to make sure the theme is for your phone. Those are the 2 biggest problems most people have.

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it works fine for me never had to change anything themes work just fine of course I only have 1. And all software worked great after upgrade