I have a Bold purchased in Malaysia running 188.8.131.52 OS. I want to get Arabic ... RIM Handheld OS forum
Using another country OS on another country device
I have a Bold purchased in Malaysia running 184.108.40.206 OS. I want to get Arabic language support - which as far as I can tell means I need to install the same OS but from the Etisalat site (which has arabic language support).
1. Is this the only way to be able to read Arabic messages on my berry
2. If not, what is another way
3. If so - will it screw up my Malaysia purchased Bold. I.e. to what extent are devices and carriers uniquely configured to the software packages.
I think all Bold OSs are multilingual and they come with Arabic. I updated my Bold last month with .185 from TIM Italy.
How to install any carrier 9000 OS onto your own 9000
1. Back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option
2. Back up your 3rd party apps. Instructions here--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
3. Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager
4. Download desired OS to your PC
5. Install/run OS to PC
6. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in crogram filescommon filesresearch in motionapploader
7. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
8. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.
***Steps 2 is optional but recommended
Last edited by zsafwan; 12-13-2008 at 04:35 PM.
if all bolds are multiligual how come i only see english on mine. i think initially when i got it it had korean for some reason too. but no arabic, no european languages.
in DM you can enable Arabic
just click on Application Loader and then Update Applications and make sure Arabic is Selected and then update your device.
this should enable Arabic support
Tags for this Thread