Hey, guys I need someone to tell me what is going on with my BB ... RIM Handheld OS forum

mohawow no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down USB and Handheld

Advertisement

Hey, guys
    I need someone to tell me what is going on with my BB 8100 phone?
    every time I connect USB cable from my pc to BB phone an error window appears in my phone says " USB charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB charging source and that the proper USB driver is installed."
    I anybody know what is that mean?

tjoanne no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304845CB

Re: USB and Handheld

i think whats going on is that the computer you're attempting to connect to does not have the proper RIM software and SO is doesn't recognize the phone!
    ~*TJ*~

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i had a similar problem on my laptop with my Verizon 7130e. When I called them about it we unloaded and reloaded all the desktop software and desktop manager. Seemed to work, but not same exact problem.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

could also be a nonpowered usb port, some dells for example will not work thru the front port but work fine from the back because the front is not powered.(sometimes)
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

So what I am suppose to do know?

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by mohawow
    So what I am suppose to do know?
    do you have any other usb connections on the computer you're attempting to connect to, if so try the others

dkozinn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f260fb

You might want to check out http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...g_via_usb.html which discusses the same thing, along with some solutions.
    David

bbtec no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D76E42
    You have to install desktop manager 4.2 to your laptop. Your blackberry should have come with a CD. If you don't have a cd you can got to tmobile.com/bbupgrade and download the desktop software for the 8100. Once that is installed reboot the pc and then open the software and then plug in the device. The got to options and then connection settings and click on detect and follow the onscreen prompts. Should connect just fine as long as you are connecting directly to the usb port on the back of the computer.

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d

Actually, the problem you are having is probably related to the actual power voltage on your usb. There are a couple things it could be. Your power supply may be going bad and not supplying the proper voltage. Also, the power supply may be too small for the number of peripherals that you have. If you have a couple other usb devices plugged in they will be using up available usb power. I'd say your easiest solution is to purchase a powered usb hub. Make sure it comes with a power cable. This will allow you to connect with no errors and also charge your phone. As for a laptop I know that could be a pain in the a$$ to have a power usb hub. Check your power settings on the laptop. If you play around with those a little bit you may be able to get the power you need. Good luck.

Thanks guys,
    I will try all solutions then I will let you know what happend as soon as I got it done.
    Again, Thank you guys for your help.

trace no está en línea Stack level 1

mohawow, did you get this USB error resolved. my concern is that when i got my phone i did not allow it to charge 100% before i used it and somehow my battery charge is not sufficient. no idea if this is relevant. what did you do to fix (if resolved). Many thanks.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

trace, welcome to the stacks.
    I also didn't charge my phone to 100%
    are you getting this same insufficient charge message?
    you have to install desktop manager and do not use a usb hub, has to be direct to comp
    hope that was your question
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Dont ever worry about charging a lithium ion battery 100% on the first charge the first charge is no different than the 50th LI-ion has no memory.

ibyte2eat no está en línea Stack level 1
    Your PC registered your blackberry as a media device because it saw the a media card slot in the device. Therefore it loads the wrong driver and then tries to charge the blackberry as a media card. To fix this, unplug the BB, using the BB menuing, disable the media card. Then on the PC, remove the USB memory device in hardware. Plug in the BB and it should read the BB as a BB rather than a media card and stop giving the voltage message.