I just got my pearl a month back from vodafone. The software running on my ... RIM Handheld OS forum
I just got my pearl a month back from vodafone. The software running on my handheld is 188.8.131.52, and want to update to 61. I am downloading the upgrade software for vodafone only. I am not dowloading the new desktop manager, the old desktop manager that I have is version 184.108.40.206. How do I upgrade the handheld software?
Ok first of all it is really recommended you download both upgrades, for the desktop and the handheld. Don’t know why but they all say it’s a good idea. But to answer your question I like to make it step by step.
1. Go to tmobile.com/bbupgrade or any other website to download the upgrade
2. Save it on a desktop or some place you remember and open your desktop manager software.
3. Plug in your usb and make sure you are connected to both devices.
4. Double click "Application Loader" > "Next" > "Add"
5. Locate the handheld upgrade you downloaded and click "Next"
6. Follow the rest of instructions.
That should walk you through full upgrade.
Hey hope that helps...
When downloading another carrier's OS(Handheld Software) after installing it on your computer you need to do a search on your PC for "vendor.xml" and delete it.
As peter said above it is recommended you update both the DM and Handheld Software, although any 4.2 DM will work just fine I never update DM unless there is some "BIG" change I.E. 4.1 to 4.2
Thank you, was very helpful
Thank you very much, I got the update
Tags for this Thread