So I'm fresh into the blackberry scene, I just picked myself up a used 8100 ... RIM Handheld OS forum

mindabsence no está en línea Stack level 1

Upgrading OS on unlocked pearl

Advertisement

So I'm fresh into the blackberry scene, I just picked myself up a used 8100 Pearl the other day for a good price - going to see if I like it as much as I think I will! (so far so good).

My only issue is that the past owner really messed up the OS and deleted a few things that are crucial to my needs, such as the memo pad!

It's one of the unlocked T-Mobile 8100's and I'm running it on my Rogers Pay as you Go service in Canada.
    I downloaded the latest OS update from T-Mobile (8100_Pearl_4.2.1.107.exe). If I install that on my unlocked phone, will it lock it again? Or am I safe to do OS upgrades forever and I will not have to worry about losing the fact it's unlocked so I can continue to use it on rogers?

Thanks!!

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Upgrading OS on unlocked pearl

This shoudn't lock your phone, if its unlocked it should stay unlocked.. however I havent heard about a scenario like this in the smal time i've been here.. so maybe some other can confirm this 100%.