Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

ALRIGHT!!!! thanks guys again. All my themes are still there and contacts intact. Nice new ... RIM Handheld OS forum

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Advertisement

ALRIGHT!!!! thanks guys again. All my themes are still there and contacts intact. Nice new look; I gotta touch up my themes again to make the fonts work on this new OS. I'm gonna check how the volume is and the web browsing in a bit. Thanks again azstar; moderncowboy and chokem You guys are great

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If your to set up wizard your ready to rock. Go for it.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If you have any issues with browser or email just remember to resend service books before freakin out . Congrats on your first upgrade.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wayda go, raton! We knew you could do it!!

FYI, just read somewhere that when you're installing DM for the first time, you should NOT check the box for "Check for software updates". This feature uses your internet connection to check for OS updates from your carrier. When it does this, it actually loads another vendor.xml file into the temp folder on your computer, so even if you delete the one in the AppLoader folder, this "check for updates" feature in DM loads the second one based on the brand of device you have connected. This is what is sometimes causing the issue raton had when trying to upgrade.

So you either need to turn this feature off through the Add/Remove Programs function in the Control Panel, or reinstall DM and leave that box unchecked to prevent this from happening.

If you just want to turn this off, go into Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs and select BlackBerry Desktop Software as if you were going to uninstall it. Instead, select Change/Remove, then Modify. You'll see at some point throughout the process an option to turn the Automatic Updates off.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Hey thanks Roger that ecplains why mine was back as well.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Hey thanks Roger that ecplains why mine was back as well.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah, good to keep this in mind for future reference!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    just got home Rat-congrats on your upgrade. I knew with Cowboy and Roger helping you, you could do it. Im STILL waiting on AT&T for their 4.5. Hey Roger, if you read this, when AT&T does finally release their 4.5, do you think it will be worth the hassle to upgrade to it? Ive already got the 4.5.0.55 on my 8310. Anywho, glad for you Rat.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Thanks guys. Everything seems to be running nicely. I like the video recording feature NOT because of its feature alone but because of the Flashlight lmao. Not a big fan of the pointing arrow though but oh well can't win them all. It's working great so far. I just had to go back and re-export all my themes to 4.5 lol. I'm about to release some new ones guys so keep an eye out . I got about 5 I've been meaning to share with you guys. Just haven't had much time to post them. Thanks again for all your help. It only took 60 posts to get this thing to work lmao. I love this site

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    To take off the cursor (arrow) in browser - hit menu>Options>General Properties>
    uncheck enable cursor in column view> and save.

It will be back to the old style

PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Great I just popped on while on break and was very happy to see this. Thanks for steppin in to help az. Not as easy to keep up at work. I'll check back later. Remember raton up to an hour so don't worry.lol~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    To take off the cursor (arrow) in browser - hit menu>Options>General Properties>
    uncheck enable cursor in column view> and save.

It will be back to the old style
    Thank you!! Another reason why I love this site. You guys are the greatest. Thanks Lavagirl.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    You're most welcome raton
    I couldn't stand the cursor either.

Hope it works out well for ya and welcome to 4.5!

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    just got home Rat-congrats on your upgrade. I knew with Cowboy and Roger helping you, you could do it. Im STILL waiting on AT&T for their 4.5. Hey Roger, if you read this, when AT&T does finally release their 4.5, do you think it will be worth the hassle to upgrade to it? Ive already got the 4.5.0.55 on my 8310. Anywho, glad for you Rat.
    Absolutely, G! Definitely worth the upgrade, IF it ever gets here for AT&T!

It was all you and Cowboy helpin' rat....I had nothin' to do with it! Nice job, fellas!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    thanks for gettin back to me Rog, Im just passing on what I learned from you my man. Rat-it will take a little while to work out the bugs-enjoy!!!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Absolutely, G! Definitely worth the upgrade, IF it ever gets here for AT&T!

It was all you and Cowboy helpin' rat....I had nothin' to do with it! Nice job, fellas!
    Thanks Roger but azstar gets some credit as well for jumping in where we couldn't. Also have to agree with chokem. With out learning from you guys I wouldn't be helping anyone.

Sorry to leave you out, az! And of course Lava comin' in with the browser help.....

All right everybody......GROUP HUG!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast