Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

dont be scared... RIM Handheld OS forum

I302K no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

dont be scared

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm gonna throw in my two bits here. There may be an issue with 4.7 DM, I don't know I haven't tried it yet but am using 4.6 right now and have upgraded and downgraded both my BBs with success. I know you questioned earlier if having the Device Software Updater installed could be the problem, but I have that installed as well and it has not been a problem for me so far.

OK so we know you have downloaded and run/installed the handheld device software as it is showing in the control panel's Add/Remove programs list and you double checked that the vendor xml has been deleted.

The next thing to check is open the DM click on Help/About BlackBerry Desktop Manager/Device software tab, does the DM know the OS is there, what's listed? Does it list your newly installed 4.5? If yes then when you hook up your BB and go to Application Loader/ and click on Add/Remove applications In the list of Applications the 4.5 system software and core applications should be listed at the top. There is a column that says Action, what is the action for 4.5?

I have in the past had times where it didn't actually prompt for the upgrade or downgrade, but when I hooked up the the application loader the action for the OS did say upgrade or downgrade and when I clicked next the process began...but this has been a small percentage of the time. Let us know how it goes......
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Thanks guys for all your help.

azstar I'm on DM 4.7 right now and couldn't find that column that says action; however, when I went onto "about desktop manager" I found under the device software tab it reads the OS I want to upgrade to. What am I doing wrong?

In the application loader, does it show the 4.5 os in the list of applications? What happens if you click next? What does it say

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    No actions are required.

And does the 4.5 show in the list of applications in the application loader?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    And does the 4.5 show in the list of applications in the application loader?

No, it doesn't

Then I would suggest trying a different version of the DM. Delete the current one, restart your computer, download and install 4.6 or 4.3 DM, reinstall/run the 4.5 device software, delete the vendor xml and try again...

Sorry you're having such a hard time

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Then I would suggest trying a different version of the DM. Delete the current one, restart your computer, download and install 4.6 or 4.3 DM, reinstall/run the 4.5 device software, delete the vendor xml and try again...

Sorry you're having such a hard time

It's cool. I actually appreciate all your support guys . Trust me I'm determined to get this thing to work by today. I figured plazmic with no problem so I think I can crack this thing as well. As you mentioned, it'll just take some trial and error. I'll delete that version and also uninstall the OS already installed on my pc and see what happens. Thank you I'll be back in a bit.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I downgraded to DM 4.6 and reinstalled the OS onto my pc and plugged in my bb reopened DM and it now reads the updates available . Don't worry I took out the memory card and also performed a backup . Crossing fingers

Woohoo! Now to sit and wait lol...and wait....and wait...

First upgrade always seems to take forever!

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Woohoo! Now to sit and wait lol...and wait....and wait...

First upgrade always seems to take forever!

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thank you so much for your help . You were right; it was the darn 4.7 DM. All of you who are watching this thread closely "Do not use it if you're upgrading" I don't think it's ready to be used just yet. Stick with 4.6 that's my best advise for you. Currently erasing apps

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Great I just popped on while on break and was very happy to see this. Thanks for steppin in to help az. Not as easy to keep up at work. I'll check back later. Remember raton up to an hour so don't worry.lol~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Great I just popped on while on break and was very happy to see this. Thanks for steppin in to help az. Not as easy to keep up at work. I'll check back later. Remember raton up to an hour so don't worry.lol~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    OKay guys, the installation just finished. Best way to kill time is to watch an old Soccer World cup match . Anyway, i just got the screen asking me to setup wizard. Just continue correct? Or should I allow more time for whatever?

If its finished restoring your old settings and prompts you to start the setup wizard then go for it!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast