Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

So, I've decided to upgrade to 4.5 after seeing almost 90% of the people do ... RIM Handheld OS forum

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Upgrading (finally) I know...

Advertisement

So, I've decided to upgrade to 4.5 after seeing almost 90% of the people do it. I'm still using ancient 4.2 on my 8310. Why didn't I upgrade before you say? well, I was delusional and thought AT&T was actually gonna release it this year...WRONG!

Well, I'm about to upgrade it but I'm just uncertain as to what OS I should go with? I have DM 4.7 never had the device software installed on my pc so no biggie there. My question is is this a good upgrade to use? 8310M_PBr4.5.0_rel108_PL2.7.0.78_A4.5.0.81_Rogers

Thanks in advance. wish me luck...anyone welcome to help me go through this ordeal.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You should be good to go with that one and I am sure there will be plenty of people to help you through this. Just remember after download and install to delete the vendor.xml from c/program files/comman files/ Research in motion/apploader and don't forget to do a backup first. It could take up to an hour so be ready just in case. Mine have always taken less but I know thats not always the case. GOOD LUCK!!

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I've done a backup of everything. But i'm just worried about deleting the vendor .xml from my system. Do I do this after I install the device software on my pc and bb or before installation? Do I uninstall the vendor immediately after I install it onto my pc or after I install it to my pc and bb? from both device and system? Thank you for your input. I also saw a .99 upgrade somewhere is that any better? what's more suitable here? i'm at a loss

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I am running .99 and I have no issue with it on my 8330. When you download and install the OS to your PC and before you even connect your BB go in and delete the vendor.xml from your PC. Also make sure before you connect your device to upgrade remove your media card.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    "remove your media card." I almost forgot that...phewww what a mess would that have been . Thanks a lot. I'll keep that in mind. So, should i go with .99 instead of that Rogers upgrade? I heard the volume issue's resolved on the one you're currently running.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have had no volume issues that I have noticed. So I would say go for .99. But thats just me.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Yeah, I think I'm gonna go with .99 better; that's the one that was initially beta correct? (102)

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yeah I actually think I might need to go Official now that you mentioned it..lol

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    lmao

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Rat-Ive done this to 5 8310's, its a breeze. If you have your old OS on your PC, delete it. Then DL the new OS on your PC, save it to drive C. After it finishes saving it, go to drive C and "run" it, this will Dl to your PC. THEN delete vendor xml file-C/prog files/common files/research in motion/app loader-there you will see vendor xml file-delete it. Connect ur phone to USB cable, open your DTM and follow the instructions. Dont freak when it initializes towards the end of the process, you may see the hour glass for 30 minutes. Good luck bro.
    Last edited by chokem; 11-18-2008 at 10:46 PM.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Rat-Ive done this to 5 8310's, its a breeze. If you have your old OS on your PC, delete it. Then DL the new OS on your PC, save it to drive C. After it finishes saving it, go to drive C and "run" it, this will Dl to your PC. THEN delete vendor xml file-C/prog files/common files/research in motion/app loader-there you will see vendor xml file-delete it. Connect ur phone to USB cable, open your DTM and follow the instructions. Dont freak when it initializes towards the end of the process, you may see the hour glass for 30 minutes. Good luck bro.

Thank you Chokem, I'll be sure not to "flip out". Luckily I don't have the device software on my pc so that's a plus. I'll load it hopefully before I go to work or tomorrow first thing when I get back. Thank you Moderncowboy as well . Great help.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I'll be on a while keep me updated.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Or let me know tomarrow lol...and no problem.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I'll see if I can do it now.

Installing (super scared)

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Nothing to be scared of. You will be fine.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast