What is the vendor .xml.? How do I find it so I can delete it ... RIM Handheld OS forum

jimbo1502 no está en línea Stack level 1

upgradesoftware

Advertisement

What is the vendor .xml.? How do I find it so I can delete it so I can download the 4.5 software for the.ATnT 8310 that's been unlocked for Tmobile I need help on finding the 8310 4.5 software and how to install it I've tryed to do it a million times and I haven't got anywhere!! Someone please help!!!!!!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Hi Jim, up in the "search for" box up at the top of the home page of Pinstack, type in-latest 4.5 OS for 8310, this will give you a direct link to BBs website, the Rogers 4.5 is about the latest and most stable DL it and post here again and I'll be checking it.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Remember, you should only delete the vendor file if you are installing a OS from a different carrier.. If you are with at&t and are downloading an OS upgrade from the AT&T site, you don't need to delete the vendor file. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Jimbo if you go to the first link in the post by me on the thread you started yesterday and scroll down to 8310 you can download any of the many 4.5 operating systems there. You will have to chose from that list because ATT and Tmobile do not have an official release.

You will need to download one of them and install it to your PC. Once it is installed on your PC go into folder on PC c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and delete the vendor.xml. After doing this connect your Blackberry to your computer using your usb cable and open your Desktop Manager. It should then recognize the upgrade and install it to your device.

Again if you have issues just post back and someone will help you get this figured out. Good Luck!!!!

PIN/ID
    nada
    where did you go Jimbo?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ ok I'm back. att doesn't have a 4.5 for my phone so ill try the black berry website if I can't find it there then ill have to go through a 3rd party.or what ever its called if that's the case than ill have delete the vendor xml correct? Snd what exatly is the vendor any way? Ill post back when I'm done. Thank you for your guys help!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my phone is att but its unlocked for tmobile if I have to dl it from bb website or a 3rd party site than do I have delete the vendor?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Att and tmo do not have an official 4.5 so yes you have to download from another carrier and delete the vendor.xml.

PIN/ID
    nada
    save the new OS to ur PC in drive "C" then click on it in drive C and "run" it, this will install it to ur PC then go to C/prog files/common files/research in motion/app loader_there you will find the vendor XML-right click on it and delete it-send it to the recycle bin then connect the phone to the PC via USB and open the DTM and follow the instructions Ive gotta go, but there will be someone here who will help you-good luck

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Jimbo, Get the latest OS from this list, use these instructions for upgrading and you should be fine. An unlocked phone has nothing to do with what OS you use - just be sure to get the specific one for your device and delete the vendor file - it is found here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~great thank you for all of your help but how do I back up my device before I install the new os.I don't want to lose anything on my phone

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Jimbo, Use the Desktop Mgr "backup and restore" to do it.

FYI, There's also a step in the upgrade process to backup - take that option too, even tho you've already backed up once. You can't be too careful.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks jblack my girl has my laptop I won't have till tomorrow. Ill post back than and let you know how it went. Ok got to get some sleep!

mjohansing no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am having the same problem actually, except after I delete the vendor file the go to the DM, it does recognize the update but can't load it. It apparently has a dependancy file I am missing for some reason. The missing file is the "Blackberry EMCAScript Library". Anyone know anything about that particular problem or file?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~