After I upgraded my OS to .55, the Main Screen folders are all blank. This ... RIM Handheld OS forum
Upgraded to .55 and My BB Dimension Theme Folders are All Blank - Why?
After I upgraded my OS to .55, the Main Screen folders are all blank. This is in the BB Dimension Icon theme. In .37 the folders had selectable icons - a game controller, a globe, an arrow and a gear. Now, all I've got are blank folders. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone else have a solution?
the OS you downloaded does not include the icon for folders
You can get them back.
- Find 184.108.40.206 for your device, and install it to your PC. Also, you will need to download JL_Cmder if you don't already have it. There's a link here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d=5&linkid=452
- Make a new folder in the root of your C drive. Call it whatever, I'm going to use BBTemp.
- From the JL_Cmder zip file, copy JavaLoader.exe into C:\BBTemp. Then, go into "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8xxx-220.127.116.11...\Java", replacing 8xxx with the model number of your device. From this folder, find a file named "net_rim_bb_medialoader_fooxbar.cod", where fooxbar is either 320x240 or 240x260, depending on if you have a Curve/88x0 or Pearl. Copy this file into your C:\BBTemp also.
- Go to Start->Run (or the Start Search in Vista). Type cmd, press Enter.
- "cd C:\BBTemp". Then "JavaLoader -u load net_rim_bb" and tap Tab to fill in the rest of the filename. Press Enter.
- Wait for JavaLoader to finish and dump you back at the command prompt. Unplug your BB, pull the battery.
- Delete the BBTemp folder.
Last edited by ConstantineXVI; 07-26-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Information should be free. Avoid trapping it in PMs/PINs if you can.
wow.... i gotta try this. i just asked about it in another post.
I got my folders back. Thanks.
Tags for this Thread