Hi all. Here´s my question: I would like to upgrade my Pearl with OS 4.5.0.81. ... RIM Handheld OS forum

blackharleymike no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2568EF6D

Upgrade with BB-DM 4.3

Advertisement

Hi all. Here´s my question: I would like to upgrade my Pearl with OS 4.5.0.81. Is that possible with the Desktop Manger 4.3 or do I have to upgrade my DM to 4.5/4.6 ?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Yes, you must use the latest version of Desktop Manager.

Follow the instructions found in this link: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...support-76342/

Good luck!

Tupoar no está en línea Stack level 1
    I upgrade a BB with DM 4.3. Went horribly wrong. Make sure you do indeed use the latest version or it will hurt you bad...

blackharleymike no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2568EF6D

What a surprise !!!

I tried an upgrade with the DM 4.3 and my old BB (8100). I upgraded to OS to 4.5.0.81. Everything went smoothly and without any problems, nonetheless I´ve done it with the old DM 4.3.
    My 8110 only makes problems with Backing-Up the device with 4.5 and 4.6. No prob with 4.3. So, I´gonna wait for the new 4.7 and will see if RIM had solved that issue.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I upgraded to OS 4.5 (and back) several times with DM 4.3 without a problem. I used it probably longer than most folks because I had problems with DM 4.5 and never stayed with that version.

I did finally upgrade to DM 4.6 after it had been out for a while and it worked great for me - I'm still on it but I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade to OS 4.5 with DM 4.3 at all.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com