Hello I have a att 8110 and I attemped to update it to os 4.5 ... RIM Handheld OS forum

spudgunnerwryyy no está en línea Stack level 2

update to 4.5 failed. need help to fix brick bb

Hello I have a att 8110 and I attemped to update it to os 4.5 and something about connecting to the jvm server failed. the device just flashes a red light and will not connect to the desktop software.

Please help. how do i fix this?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Is the apploader on the DTM faded or highlighted? Download JL_Cmder from this site and follow the instructions it gives you to wipe the BB. Connect the device to the PC (the DTM will say the BB is disconnected) and hit the apploader it should give you a dropdown list with your PIN#, select. Choose what you want to add to the BB (language packs etc) and hit finish. Then just wait for the BB to reboot. Takes about 20-30 minutes for me.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

ok thanks, I dont know what happened before, oh well.

I hate to double post (its frowned upon in most forums) but the process is going great. I just went back to the att release of 4.3 until they release 4.5

gmauricio16 no está en línea Stack level 1
    hey fello bb lovers. i have a huge problem. i was upgrading from 4.2 to 4.5 and well everything seemed fine when it was in process, but just right before it was almost done the phone shut off and now it wont even turn on. im a lil worried that i probably did something wrong and messed up my phone. all i see is the LED light blinking red. but thats all it does. can someone help me. i want some advice on how to fix my phone? lol pls.....
    thank you.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by gmauricio16 View Post
    hey fello bb lovers. i have a huge problem. i was upgrading from 4.2 to 4.5 and well everything seemed fine when it was in process, but just right before it was almost done the phone shut off and now it wont even turn on. im a lil worried that i probably did something wrong and messed up my phone. all i see is the LED light blinking red. but thats all it does. can someone help me. i want some advice on how to fix my phone? lol pls.....
    thank you.
    Try looking here for a fix.