I've just upgraded to an UNLOCKED 7130c which I'm using on T-Mobile. It all works ... RIM Handheld OS forum

7105tNYC no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2043FE3C

UNLOCKED 7130c on T-Mobile

Advertisement

I've just upgraded to an UNLOCKED 7130c which I'm using on T-Mobile. It all works well (make/receive calls, send/receive emails/texts/pings) but I do not have the Blackberry Internet Browser. I only have the T-zones but no actual icon that says Browser. I have tried over 20times to get it on my phone. I've deleted the OS, re-registered, resent service books and it all works fine except I can't get on the internet nor can I get any push services from mobile.blackberry.com (e.g weather.) Pocket express doesn't work nor does Avantgo. All the errors say I need to install the Internet Browser. But how?

In my service books it says I have "Blackberry Internet Browsing Service" but no browser icon appears on my main screen (just t-zones ) and yes I have checked off 'show all'.

I was told to by a T-Mobile CS to download Package Version: 4.1.0.401 from Cingular. Which I did. Still nothing. Can anyone help, PLEASE!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: UNLOCKED 7130c on T-Mobile

Did you try Registering the BB? Worked for me on my 8700g when I upgraded the OS. Options - Advanced - Host Routing Table - Register Now.

I have also logged onto my Tmo account online to send the Service Books, which has worked as well. And often, its a battery pull that does the trick.

There is my 2 cents.

Just to be sure, you do have a BB data plan, right?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

option94 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i read somewhere that the 7130 won't work on T-Mobile because they don't have the requires service books. I remember thinking that was BS, but if your having this problem it could be true.

PIN/ID
    2043FE3C

I have re-registered several times to no avail. And yes I do have the BB Unlimited Data Plan. The battery has been pulled quite a few times and service books re-sent numerous times.

The T-Mobile CS told me I should return the 7130c from where I got it. That was his solution. Helpful wasn't he?

I think the service book I'm missing is 'IPPP' but who knows? It just never comes through with the others.

whensmett no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20452E97

I have the 7130c which Cingular kindly provided the unlock code. It has been tested and is working fine with T-mobile. To correct the missing browser icon is strictly a T-mobile issue. You need to call them and have them reprovision your account. At this time they will ask you to have your 7130c off with the battery removed. As soon as they done and you power on your 7130c (assuming they will provision it correctly - i.e. remove and reactivate your plan and resending you the service books) the browser icon will magically appear.

Another way to test it if T-Mo insists there is nothing wrong with their service provisioning is to download Opera Mini or any other browser like Minuet.

Also, what they told you about loading the OS from Cingular is not true. I have tried on mine Cingular, T-Mo, and O2 and they all worked perfectly.

Finally, if the TMO CSR is not helpful you can always hang up and redial to get a different rep. However, in my experience they have been very helpful in the past. - Good luck.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Where's Shawn when ya need him.

option94 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i just put a properly provisioned T-Mobile sim in my 7130 and it worked just fine.

sjsplaty no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20426CF9

I just posted this on Blackberry Forums, so thought you all might want the same update:

So, I just spent the last 2 hours on the phone with T-MO, and then RIM. I asked T-Mo to reprovision my SIM, per the advice graphreak found on PINSTACK. They did that, and when the IPPP for BIBS service book was not pushed down, they transferred me to RIM. The RIM tech went through all sorts of info, and finally came back with the root of the problem. Since the 7130 is not a supported device on T-Mobile, RIM is not provisioned to send down the T-MO IPPP for BIBS service book to the device. Apparently, RIM needs to receive a formal request from the T-MO BB Engineering dept to provision the RIM servers to send the service book to this type of device. The RIM tech I was speaking with then conference called T-MO with me and explained the problem to the TMo BB Tech. The BB tech took down all the info and was going to escalate it to the engineering department, who in turn is supposed to get back to me after doing a bit of research. Everyone has been extremely nice and helpful, and I hope that I can get this resolved for me and all you T-Mo people who are trying to use the 7130.

BTW, all you 7130 T-Mobile people might want to consider calling BB Tech Support yourselves and registering your request. Strength in numbers and all that

PIN/ID
    2043FE3C

Great to know, thanks!

I haven't had a chance to call T-Mo or RIM yet but will soon.

whensmett no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20452E97

This is strange. My 7130c works perfectly with my T-Mo sim. Never experienced these problems. However, I primarily use it on Cingular. When I have a chance later on today I will put in my T-Mo sim again to check it again.

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

BES admin at worked loaned me a tmobile sim card when I unlocked my 7130c, so I could test whether it worked on another network. Everything (including the browsers) worked great.

sjsplaty no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20426CF9

UPDATE: Nobody bothered to call me back. So, the party line is just that they don't support this model, and they can't send the service book down. I guess I'll just have to sell my 7130 when the 8100 comes out.

ketanb81 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3013ddf5

Can some one let me know how to cofigure 7130c on t-mobile?

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

I never had to configure anything when using an unlocked 7130c on TMO network. I put the SIM in and it worked.

emarc no está en línea Stack level 1

HI! does anybody have unlocking code for 7130c on Cingular network my IMEI is 359886000194265,
    please need help to unlock my phone...