Ok, I'm on 8320/4.5.0.37 Through a previous thread there was a concern that was brought ... RIM Handheld OS forum

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

UMA and H@H issue with 4.5.0.37

Advertisement

Ok,

I'm on 8320/4.5.0.37

Through a previous thread there was a concern that was brought up. 4.5.0.37 tmobile users are finding out that they have a Wi-Fi connection but it remains on the EDGE network. The device will not connect to UMA.

The concern is that in order to use the H@H you have to be connected through UMA. If you are seeing EDGE and your Wi-Fi is on then you are still using your standard minutes!!

Here is my example:
    I reduced my minutes greatly and added the @home feature to my account. 99% of my calls come from my home which is wifi. If UMA signal is what says your using wifi (@home) minutes then since I am only running edge, with a wifi signal, I am using my standard minutes and not my "unlimited @home calling" feature.

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3
    I tried everything that I could on my 8320 to get it working. I did an install without reinstalling my info and just updated service books and that didn't work. Then I tried with reinstalling my info. That didn't work. I tried to download the deal from blackberry and couldn't get it to download.

I've given up for now. Hope someone comes up with something soon. I liked the os, but no UMA is a big issue. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I'm going to post back but a stacker has given me some steps In hopes of resolving the problem
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2439fbe3
    I'm too stubborn and I'm going to work on it again tonight. I really want to get this working~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2439fbe3
    I wish the downtime during install wasn't so long. It takes what? 45mins to do an install? Too long to make changes. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ju1c3 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i had the same problems, and i did a downgrade.

one of the possibilities might be your dns server not updating on your wifi though. might wanna look into that. it was a problem on one of the wifi networks i connect to. think about it, is a verizon internet company, who is connected to verizon, going to update the tmobile dns entries on their servers regularly?
    INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE

huewish no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have done several searches, and tried every method imaginable to get my UMA working on .37 to no avail. Also, I woke up this morning to a fried sim on my 8320. Luckily, I had a spare, so it was just a call to customer care to get it swapped, but after trying .10, .18, and .37 without having solid connectivity, I'm back to the tmobile release until they post 4.5.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    There should be a sticky or something warning 8320 users of the .37 issues. Because by now they're KNOWN issues, although there's not much more time between now and the official release...

-shrug-
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

beamolite no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F73F86
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    There should be a sticky or something warning 8320 users of the .37 issues. Because by now they're KNOWN issues, although there's not much more time between now and the official release...

-shrug-
    I sure hope you are right. It's a long time coming.

PIN/ID
    2439fbe3
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post

-shrug-
    I've recommended creating a known issue database, but I think that got moved to the wayside.

Its not the network that you're using that's causing the issue. The problem is between the phone and tmo's uma routers. We just aren't connecting like were supposed to.

SebasC no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FAAC32
    ... UMA just won't work on 4.5.0.37... And it's beta so of course certain things will and won't work...

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by wassona View Post
    I've recommended creating a known issue database, but I think that got moved to the wayside.

Its not the network that you're using that's causing the issue. The problem is between the phone and tmo's uma routers. We just aren't connecting like were supposed to.
    The "known issue" is in the 4.5 thread---all problems, ettc should be posted there

PIN/ID
    2439fbe3
    This thread was created to address the UMA issue only. The 4.5 thread has worked its way into a collaboration of people getting ahead of themselves. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2439fbe3
    Come across an interesting problem. The problem that Im having is not related to .37 but more to the certificates that we have been installing in the devices to get UMA to work. I downgraded my 8320 to 4.2.2.184 and got everything up and working. Ive been having issues with my phone not staying on UMA for more than maybe 10-30 mins at a time (unrelated). In trying to fix that issue I noticed that i didnt have the certificates for TMO. UMA was working before I installed the certificates, after I installed them UMA always gave a busy signal. I removed the certificates and calling works again.

Just something to think about.