The first question I think I know the answer to. I just upgraded my 8310 ... RIM Handheld OS forum

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind

Smile Two questions about 4.5 upgrade

Advertisement

The first question I think I know the answer to. I just upgraded my 8310 to 4.5.0.102 and I'm really pleased. My wifie has asked me to do the same to her 8310. The question is..... Can I just plug her phone in to the PC and let it do it's thing since the DM reads her PIN? I won't be clearing out her store info and loading mine int her phone, right? As the DM will back up and copy her file.
    Second question... I don't even think I know the answer to....
    What is the latest, or most stable OS for 8310, and how will I know when newer cooler versions are release?
    Sorry about all the wordiness, easy questions to answer are not always easy to ask. Teehee.
    ( The DM will recognize her phone as a different devise, and recognize that it is in need of an update??) That's less wordy....
    Last edited by jasonring; 12-03-2008 at 07:10 PM. Reason: I thought of abetter way to word the first question

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    1. You are on the right track. Do exactly what you stated and you should be good to go.

2. Personally, I've switched my former Curve's OS 4 times and almost never saw much of any difference that I thought stood out. I would recommend just finding one that you're comfortable with and just sticking to it. I really don't think at this point that there will be any breathtaking changes coming aboard the 4.5 upgrade anytime soon.

PIN/ID
    be kind

Thumbs up Thanks Thanks Thanks

That's what I thought, I just didn't wanna go clicking O.K. til I knew for sure.
    Also thought it would be a good post for others to read, I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering.

PIN/ID
    be kind

Smile

Thanks again Bes Noob.......... I now have a happy wiffy who probably won't sleep tonight!!!!!!!!!!

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    You're very welcome! If you ever have a question don't ever hesitate to pm me.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Jason you look like your on your way. Seems you got it pretty well figured out and if you wouldn't have BES woulda got you strait
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    be kind

Smile

Thanks, Modern, there's some sharp folks around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Jason you look like your on your way. Seems you got it pretty well figured out and if you wouldn't have BES woulda got you strait
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~