Looking for some ideas to toggle the "Send Email to Handheld" setting (under Message Options ... RIM Handheld OS forum

joaaron no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Toggle "Send Email to Handheld" on a Schedule

Advertisement

Looking for some ideas to toggle the "Send Email to Handheld" setting (under Message Options > Email Settings) on a schedule. For instance, set it to 'on' at 9:00am and to 'off' at 5:00pm.

I know I can use auto-off to shut down the device at a particular time, but that's not what I'm after. I need the device and its data services to remain active -- just not to deliver messages from my BES.

Even a 3rd party app if one exists...

BlackBerry 8800, v.4.2.1. BES-connected.

Thanks in advance.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Re: Toggle "Send Email to Handheld" on a Schedule

Welcome to the Stacks. It would have to be a 3rd party app that would direct the BES/BIS not to send your emails to your device during the specified period. I'm not aware of anything that will do that for you at this time. Maybe someone else will have heard of one and post a reply.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

I just thought of a question. Is it more important to you to not have the emails delivered to your device, or not be annoyed by a notification that they've been delivered? If it's the later, you may want to look at a really good tool to build custom Profiles:

http://www.wheatoncs.com/blackberry/bbprofiles/

joaaron no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the suggestion.

I need to actually disable mail redirection from the BES to the BB -- not just notification.

Agreed it would have to be a 3rd party app. Either one that resides on the device, or one that resides on my workstation (with Desktop Manager and Redirector installed).

Hoping someone has run across an app (or knows how to write one

jc416 no está en línea Stack level 1

"Send Email to Handheld" not available

Hi everyone, the "Send Email to Handheld" option is available under Messages->Options->Email Settings...any idea why?

Which 3rd-party apps can schedule email delivery?