Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Originally Posted by syn92 i didn't even try .37 on my curve because of all ... RIM Handheld OS forum

  1. #16
    rifleman223's Avatar
    rifleman223 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by syn92 View Post
    i didn't even try .37 on my curve because of all the negative press on here and just went to .52...but i do have .37 on my 8120 and it's been doing fine, html and all that...the .52 on my curve is pretty stable too...

    Where did you get the .52 from? I would really appreciate a link to it. Does the UMA work on that revision?

  2. #17
    BBP's Avatar
    BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    289
    Running 44 no issues any advantage of the 52 for the 8320?

  3. #18
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Quote Originally Posted by rifleman223 View Post
    Where did you get the .52 from? I would really appreciate a link to it. Does the UMA work on that revision?
    It's against board rules to post links for beta software releases.

    If you google 4.5.0.52 you should be able to find what you're looking for.

  4. #19
    rifleman223's Avatar
    rifleman223 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    It's against board rules to post links for beta software releases.

    If you google 4.5.0.52 you should be able to find what you're looking for.

    Ooops, forgot. Thank you!

  5. #20
    nikonianmike's Avatar
    nikonianmike no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    2440425B
    Posts
    74
    There are a bunch of advantages to running .52 as opposed to .44. Number one is my bb hasn't had a random restart since I installed .52. Two, .52 is much faster and hasn't had memory leaks. Three, my voice mail icon came back, with .44 it was gone. Four, it is .52. It is better than .44 because .52 is a higher number.

  6. #21
    syn92's Avatar
    syn92 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    24ac9d95
    Posts
    182
    Yeah, what he said...
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  7. #22
    Usarmyaircav's Avatar
    Usarmyaircav no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    49
    sorry for the newb question, but the tmobile comes with 4.2.2.180, I have been looking but haven't found why this version is bad. Also is there a chart or description that says the differences?

    another newb question: where do I find the memory available, and the free files? I have seen a number of posts that said memory leak, and also 0 files available.

    thanks!

  8. #23
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Usarmyaircav View Post
    sorry for the newb question, but the tmobile comes with 4.2.2.180, I have been looking but haven't found why this version is bad. Also is there a chart or description that says the differences?

    another newb question: where do I find the memory available, and the free files? I have seen a number of posts that said memory leak, and also 0 files available.

    thanks!
    There shouldn't be anything wrong with the OS that came loaded on your device. We are discussing BETA versions of BlackBerry OS in this thread.

    Options>Status is where you'll find the memory information.

  9. #24
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    FYI, I had noticed a small memory leak with 4.5.0.52 when I first installed it. I deleted the Help and TTY apps off my device which freed up about 5mb of space and have not seen any memory degradation in a couple of days.

  10. #25
    Usarmyaircav's Avatar
    Usarmyaircav no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    There shouldn't be anything wrong with the OS that came loaded on your device. We are discussing BETA versions of BlackBerry OS in this thread.

    Options>Status is where you'll find the memory information.
    I guess what I was looking for was besides the fact that I would prefer be running the latest and greatest, how do I find out the differences, so I know whats changed and or better.

  11. #26
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    The biggest things in the latest releases would be:

    HTML e-mails
    Wireless Updates to OS
    Voice Notes
    Video recording (w/media card)

    And a few others I can't think of right now!

  12. #27
    rifleman223's Avatar
    rifleman223 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7
    OK, so I was able to load .52 and so far everything is OK. The UMA now works. It did not work in .37. Here is the screenshot of the "About" screen on the 8320.

    BlackBerry® 8320
    smartphone (EDGE, Wi-Fi)
    v4.5.0.52 (Platform 2.7.0.66)
    Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.5.32a
    Micro Edition Configuration: CLDC-1.1
    Micro Edition Profile: MIDP-2.0
    Micro Edition JTWI Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition Media Version: 1.1
    Micro Edition PIM Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition File Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition Bluetooth Version: 1.1
    Micro Edition Location Version: 1.0.1

  13. #28
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Here's a more complete list of v4.5 features:

    • BlackBerry Maps with Points of Interest (H)
    • Improved media player with playlist support and automatic playlist generation (H)
    • Voice note recording (H)
    • Video recording on Curve models (H)
    • Streaming support for YouTube and Sling Player (H)
    • Microsoft Office document editing with DocumentsToGo (H)
    • Native format attachment downloading (S)
    • HTML e-mails (S)
    • Over-the-air device upgrades (S)
    • Free/busy calendar lookup (S)
    • Searching the server for old e-mail messages (S)

    H=Handheld Features
    S=Server Features (BES or BIS)
    Last edited by RogerG; 07-15-2008 at 01:48 PM.

  14. #29
    NancyDrew's Avatar
    NancyDrew no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    16
    I have only installed one beta so far (.44) and it's been great. I don't want to jinx it by updating anymore.

  15. #30
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyDrew View Post
    I have only installed one beta so far (.44) and it's been great. I don't want to jinx it by updating anymore.
    And here I thought Nancy Drew was the adventurous type!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •