Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[FONT=Verdana]I'd really like to take advantage of the features in 4.5 on my 8310, but ... RIM Handheld OS forum

msauerman no está en línea Stack level 1

Tired of waiting for AT&T to release 4.5

Advertisement

[FONT=Verdana]I'd really like to take advantage of the features in 4.5 on my 8310, but am tired of waiting on AT&T to release it. Has anyone upgraded directly from RIM's site, and if so how did it go? Would you recommend doing it? Thanks![/FONT]

StephenGuy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30636d59
    Been on 4.5 since leaked beta on my AT&T 8310 with no major issues thus far. Absolutely loving all of the new features. I would highly recommend upgrading through RIM's site to hold you over
    -Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

idiedtryin no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wheb is att releasing it?

msauerman no está en línea Stack level 1
    hey idiedtryin...everything I've read said it was supposed to be released back in June of this year. Not sure what the hold-up is, some say it's because AT&T is screwing with it to make it work with all of their crappy bundled software for tunes, ringtones, and apps. If that's the case, even more reason to get it from RIM instead.

wahtx no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just upgraded with a version from Orange UK and it works great...except, HTLM doesn't work...

I am told that if you use a BIS account HTML mail will not work until AT&T completes their upgrade...also, if you use a BES HTML will not work until it is on the latest version...can anyone confirm?
    WAHTX

“If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1000 MPG!"

~Bill Gates~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    AT&T/BIS upgrade has been completed for awhile now. Been getting HTML e-mails for months.

msauerman, you can get a solid release of 4.5.0.81 from this thread. Just make sure you get the one specific to your 8310. Instructions for upgrading are here.

Quote Originally Posted by wahtx View Post
    I just upgraded with a version from Orange UK and it works great...except, HTLM doesn't work...

I am told that if you use a BIS account HTML mail will not work until AT&T completes their upgrade...also, if you use a BES HTML will not work until it is on the latest version...can anyone confirm?
    You might need to log into your BIS account a resend the Service Books to enable this feature. Also, please note that this does NOT apply to e-mails already in your Inbox.....only new e-mails since the upgrade.

Go into a Messages folder, press the BB Menu Button and scroll to Options, then go into Email Settings. See if there is an option to Enable HTML Email. If not, go out to your BIS account and resend Service Books.

burgy77 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E962F6
    I have been running Orange UK 4.5.055 for about two months and havent had a problem untill recently when att pushed their store content to my phone.

See my post here (http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_4_5_a-90823/)

I resolved the problem so all is well. And it is well worth the upgrade!

jkirkon no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just did the upgrade to 4.5.055, and I am extremely pleased with the new features.

I don't know why I didn't do this earlier!
    Waiting for the phone to reboot was a little scary, but everything turned out ok.
    This one is worth it.

Jeff

adrian2pm no está en línea Stack level 1
    is there ever gonna be an offical at&t been waiting too
    Last edited by adrian2pm; 10-24-2008 at 11:30 PM.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by adrian2pm View Post
    is there ever gonna be an offical at&t been waiting too
    you're not alone, Ive been running .55 from A1 for sometime now, but I still would like AT&T to get in gear and release their 4.5

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~there upgrading one phone at a time from what I've been told end of oct-nov

adrian2pm no está en línea Stack level 1
    can someone help me i updated mine to 4.5 last night now i cant access my work email...im screwed i dont wanna call help desk i dont wantt them to know im messing with my work phone.

is there a way to retrieve it? i backed it up before i updated when i restored to my back up al i have are my aol email..no outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian2pm View Post
    can someone help me i updated mine to 4.5 last night now i cant access my work email...im screwed i dont wanna call help desk i dont wantt them to know im messing with my work phone.

is there a way to retrieve it? i backed it up before i updated when i restored to my back up al i have are my aol email..no outlook.
    Adrian, who is your service provider? Are you on a BES (BlackBerry Exchange Server) through your work or BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service)? This could be as simple as logging into your BIS account and resending service books, or having your BES admin reset your account Monday morning (you can just tell them you're not receiving e-mail.....don't have to tell them why!).

A little more information would help us help you, so please update your profile!

Cheers,
    Roger

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    How do you upgrade through RIM? I called AT&T today and the rep didn't have any info on release date. But it's coming out on 11/4, right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast