The damndest thing happened to me the other day. I called AT&T to put in ... RIM Handheld OS forum

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

Thumbs up The damndest thing happened the other day

Advertisement

The damndest thing happened to me the other day. I called AT&T to put in a request for a phone unlock code for my blackberry 8300. I had done this in the past and they had always honored my request and within 3 days an unlock code showed up in my e-mail. I expected the same the other night but when I got the operator I explained why i wanted the code and she looked it right up away and gave it to me. I was completely in shock over this, not that I am complaining though. Does AT&T have a new policy in regards to unlock codes?
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    well thats great news lol. Up in Canada rogers will NEVER give you the unlock code lol but thanks to some fellow american stackers (JB :P) i got my bold unlocked.

captain_tinker no está en línea Stack level 2
    I called AT&T a while back to ask about an unlock code too, but they refused after asking me all sorts of questions. Things like, how long I've had the phone, if it had the AT&T brand on the front of it, if it was purchased as part of a contract plan, etc. They said I had to wait until the contract expired to get an unlock code. Is that true or is that just more AT&T "BS"?

-capT

ChrisAG no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b2cf00
    The policy with most providers is to supply the code free of charge after the contracted period, some will provide it sooner based on your history with the company and some will charge for the code if the contract period is still in force.
    The joy of life is increase by sharing it with others.

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d
    I had read that it was law that they had to provide the code. It doesn't matter why you want it. However, when you call to ask for it and they give you a hard time, just give them some BS right back. Tell them you are traveling overseas and you'll need to use a local sim when you get there or tell them that your company is issuing you a phone number and you need to run dual sim. Something else creative will work to. *If they still refuse simply suggest that you'll be signing up with another provider, running up your bill, not paying the cancellation fee, and settle for nothing on the dollar when the collection comes. *Use with caution! You're better bet is to speak to the supervisor, be sure to ask for their name and extention or rep number, and suggest that if they want you to renew when your contract is up that they supply the code. That is generally enough to get them to agree. I've never had a problem with T-mobile. There are alternatives to not having to deal with the provider at all. Google is your friend.

bigmarv no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Optional
    Quote Originally Posted by jhowle View Post
    I expected the same the other night but when I got the operator I explained why i wanted the code and she looked it right up away and gave it to me. I was completely in shock over this, not that I am complaining though. Does AT&T have a new policy in regards to unlock codes?
    You probably had someone who is new, lol and didn't care. Hey it's not your fault. Made it easier for you.

*If they still refuse simply suggest that you'll be signing up with another provider, running up your bill, not paying the cancellation fee, and settle for nothing on the dollar when the collection comes. *Use with caution!

I wouldn't suggest this method at all. The reason for the questioning is AT&T's Policy requires a customer to have an active contract for 90 days. Now with the economy jacked up and companies folding. Folks are sticking by the book so they wont loose their jobs, because companies are looking to cut cost right. Folks are not trying to be apart of that budget cut, lmbo.

Akim281 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    216E72B9
    i've unlocked 3 att phones. just called and they gave it to me. using them with tmobile now