First, I must say that I use my cellphone for weekends, evenings after 9pm, and ... RIM Handheld OS forum

sgtsam no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20121F89

Thumbs down The Best'est isn't always the newest !!!

Advertisement

First, I must say that I use my cellphone for weekends, evenings after 9pm, and traveling. I'm retired my son added me into his tmob plan. We live in the fringe of the t-mob area, it's about 10 or 15 miles down the pike, and normally I pick up npi wireless as a carrier.
    I bought a bb6230 on ebay and fell in love with it. The large screen, addr book is great, ad it works fine and came loaded with os version 3.8 loaded in the handheld. When I made my first call, it noted that it picked up t-mob instead of npi which let me call my kids without having to wait until after 9pm. Then, I decided to load in os version 4.0 from t-mob, and guess what, I'm right back to npi wireless. My phone came with a cd for 3.6, but I can't seem to load it because it's an older os than the 4.0 that I have loaded. Is there anyway I can drop back to the older version?? From what I've read, I think I'm out of luck. Oh well, maybe I can find another one with 3.8 loaded. !!!!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    I know you can go from 4.2 from 4.1 but not sure about older versions someone might be along shortly who knows.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    You may need to Delete the vendor.xml file from the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader Folder after installing the OS 3.8. If that doesn't work, go to the Control Panel/Add Remove Programs and uninstall the OS 4.0 software from your PC and reinstall the 3.8 on you PC.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Welcome to the Stacks SgtSam!

smartphish no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me.
    Also keep in mind, many TMO handsets are programmed to say TMO @ all times regardless of network (unless traveling internationally of course).

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bready no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2446C5F4
    My tmob pearl shows different networks.

Bready ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sgtsam no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20121F89

Re: The Best'est isn't always the newest !!!

thanks guys, I think it may be what you said, by stating tmo all the time regardless. I don't believe it would be programmatically possible to increase/decrease the signal power. I've tried a 7290, and it flat doesn't state any carrier.... I'll probably check in January's bill and see how much roaming was done. If none, I'll try to go back to the 3.8 If there's a bunch, I'll stick with 4.1....