Topic--thanks... RIM Handheld OS forum

Just2fitz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23C478C1

Does t-mobile charge you for text messaging or is it gprs on their aim programs?

Advertisement

Topic--thanks

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Does t-mobile charge you for text messaging or is it gprs on their aim programs?

I'm in the Caribbean but SMS messages can be sent via GSM or GPRS on most phone including Blackberry. Going to options / SMS you can select which to send with. Sending via GPRS is useful when roaming and need to send a short message to a non-Blackberry user.

As for charges of SMS for T-mobile i'm wouldn't know. You may want to check with your carrier if you'll be charged for SMS if switch to be sent via GPRS. If you have a unlimited data plan this would be extremely useful.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Does t-mobile charge you for text messaging or is it gprs on their aim programs?

Yes, unfortunately you get charged for both GSM and GPRS messages. Although they do have some good deals for that. The unlimited blackberry plan/add-on is probably your best bet!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Or get the unlimited messaging plan for $14.99 USD.

chloe no está en línea Stack level 1

Get the blackberry messenger.its free.t-mobile is tricky,I had that unlimited blackberry plan and I figured I could send messages as much as I wanted on the different messaging services.but...yes.I got charged as a text for each stupid message I sent.add on the 400 text for 6.99 just to be safe

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Yeah, I'm on T-Mobile and have the unlimited Blackberry plan, plus the unlimited text messaging plan. The IM program that comes with T-Mobile blackberries uses SMS to send messages, so you get charged for each one (unless you have unlimited). Alternatively, you could use a program like Ramble IM or IM+, either of which uses tcp to send messages.

The 400 messaging plan is usually $4.99 USD, depending on the market...

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Yeah in NYC its 4.99 for 400 or 14.99 for unlimited TXT messaging.

OZ app that comes with 8700g is sms based and it will be charged against your TXT message plan.

if you chat alot- either go for the unlimited or get 3rd app that is not sms based like YAK ON or VERICHAT

In most markets there is 400 for $4.99, 1,000 for $9.99, and unlimited for $14.99. Usually...

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I have the Blackberry Minutes and Mail. It is not an add on, it includes 1000 minutes, unlimted SMS, emails, and web surfing (data). It does not include any MMS. Works great for me.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr